Blinking blue light!
arnie413

I get a blinking blue light only after ending a phone call, whether it was an incoming or outgoing call. There are no notifications pending. The blue light clears only after powering down and then back on. Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Blinking blue light!
Cody21
Master - Level 2

When did this start happening? How old is your phone? When the light blinks, what shows up in your Task Bar when you swipe down the top bar? Have you tried SAFE MODE to see if it behaves the same way?

0 Likes
arnie413

My phone is one week old. The only thing running in the task bar is a task killer. Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Do you know how to get into SAFE MODE? Just in case:

- Power off phone

- Press & HOLD the MENU button (far left button)

- Power up the phone, but continue holding the MENU button.

After 1-2 mins it will come up saying SAFE MODE in lower left corner. Test your issue. If it still does that under SAFE MODE, we've ruled out 3rd party APPS that may have been causing the problem. At that point I would take it back to Verizon and demand a NEW Replacement phone (assuming that's where you got it and not EBAY or another person's used phone.)

To get out of SAFE MODE, just power off & on as usual.  Good luck

edit :  PS, I would not use a TASK KILLER -- they can cause more problems than they solve if you're not very techy.  There are 2 camps out there about this - those who use it, others that say let the OS do its job (that's me).

arnie413

Didn't know about safe mode..thanks..i'll try it. And yes. I bought the phone at a Verizon store.

Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i personally don't use a task killer but some swear by them & some at them.

0 Likes
jodeeaway

I'm having a heck of a problem with my X2 - it crashed and when I got it to come back up it was in "safe mode".  Nothing I've tried will get it out of safe mode and while it's in safe mode the far left button won't work and I cannot find my apps!  I've tried everything and nothing works - what can I do?

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

First point - if you're in SAFE MODE, you won;t see any of your 3rd party Apps .. that's by design. So the real issue is how to get you out of Safe Mode. If you power reset as usual (without holding any buttons during the boot process) and it only goes into SAFE MODE, it sounds like your OS is hosed over. I assume you pulled the battery and left it out for like 5 mins?

What happens when you manually force it into System Setup Mode? To do that, try this:

- Power Off

- Press & Hold HOME button (2nd button from left)

- power up the phone - continue to hold down the Home button.

A Triangle with a green android guy should pop up (I believe this is right for the X2)

Press BOTH volume control buttons at same time -- do you get a blue Menu ??  If so, just for grins,using the up/down volume buttons, scroll to CLEAR SYSTEM CACHE.  To select it, press the Power button once.  Did that work? Scroll to top menu item to reboot & press the Power button once to do so.  What happened???

If that all functions properly & you're still stuck in SAFE MODE, probably time to do a Factory Reset.

jodeeaway

I did as you said but I didn't get the green triangle. It just booted up as normal with me still in safe mode.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

The DX2 is a little different to get into the maintenance screen:

1. Power the device off.

2. Press and hold Volume down then press the Power button (approx. 3-5 seconds) to power the device on. Continue holding Volume down.
  3. When Fastboot appears (located at the top), release Volume down.
  4. Press Volume down (seven times) to select Android Recovery then press Volume up.
  5. When presented with the Android screen, simultaneously press Volume up / down.

Here's where you make the choice to to the Factory Reset

1. Press Volume down (twice) to select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power button.
  2. Press Volume down (once) to select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
  3. When the data wipe is complete, ensure reboot system now is selected then press the Power button.