Blocking numbers
Perenniallady

This does not apply to just Motorola Droid X but I have a question about blocking unwanted incoming calls.

I seem to be getting a lot of calls from the area code 503.  Is there a way to block all calls with 503 from coming thru?  There is nobody in that area code that should be calling me.

The numbers are:

503-468-5214

503-902-8287

503-457-1274

503-457-1040

503-902-8279

I suspect there are many Verizon clients getting spammed by somebody using these numbers.  I googled the numbers on line and whoever is doing this is targeting a ton of people, not necessarily Verizon clients.

Something should be able to be done.  I am on the no call list.

Any suggestions?  I would like to just ban all 503 incoming calls.

0 Likes
Re: Blocking numbers
B33
Legend

Call Customer Service would probably be your best Bet if they can't put a Block on it Ask to change your Cell No. that is if you are getting Frequent Calls from them...b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Jalsf
Enthusiast - Level 1

You should be able to go into your account to Call & Message Blocking. You can block up to (5) numbers for free, any more than that, you'll have to join VZ's Data Control for $4.99/mo (yes, another fee VZ seems to find to tack on).  You cannot block any numbers you may have a shared plan. Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Jalsf
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
Perenniallady

Thank you for your advice.  I've blocked those particular numbers that I listed.  I'm on the no call list so I think I'll report them.  I will contact Verizon as well.  The link was helpful.

0 Likes
manup
Enthusiast - Level 3

Up until about a month ago I had the very same problem with the very same numbers and others calling my cell.

I installed Call Control-Call Blocker, you can block area codes, area codes and prefix, etc., etc.  I have not had a problem since, works great, worth the money for me.  Calls were driving me crazy!

I installed the paid version of this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flexaspect.android.everycallcontrol#?t=W251bGwsMSw...

0 Likes