Blocking spam calls
jatheotonio

I have a few issues with blocking spam calls.  Marketers have found a way around the National no call list by using robo dialing, or  some other technology.  So I have tried to block a couple numbers.  But the service says cannot block these numbers at this time, try again later.  I read in some older comment that the blocking service was turned off in their phone, after it was unblocked they were able to block calls.

So why is this service being blocked by Verizon?  It should be on for all phones. 

Why does Verizon only block a number for 90 days unless you pay $4.95/month?  Seems like a rip off.

Why is it so damned hard to find a valid customer service number on their website My Verizon?

Don't get me started on customer service - it sucks anyway!

0 Likes
Re: Blocking spam calls
budone
Legend

A rip off? Try getting ANY number blocked on AT&T for free!

0 Likes
JonDoh
Contributor - Level 1

You  should be able to block them in your phone.  Goto the dialer screen, then  select settings.  There should be a selection to add a number to block calls.  I have a number blocked in my phone and it works fine.

Blackepoxy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, this works for too on my Incredible 2,I block callers like that and don't pay anything a month.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I cant believe I have been overlooking that option all this time....  Thanks

0 Likes
phonealot

What about spam phone calls coming in from "unknown" callers?  I am getting a couple every day - they always call at the exact same time.  Does anybody know how to block these calls?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I use Call Blocker Gold from the Play Store and it allows you to block, transfer or hangup any numbers, even blocked numbers.  Check it out at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=blacknWhite.CallBlocker.Gold.License&feature=search_re...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that unwanted phone calls can be very inconvenient phonealot! My best recommendation for blocking unknown or restricted numbers is our Usage Controls feature! Here's a helpful link for your reference, which includes all the great benefits this feature provides in addition to call blocking! http://bit.ly/oPKMWJ

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
budone
Legend

JonathanK,

From VZW Website FAQ;

How can I block a restricted or unknown number from calling me?

Sorry, we do not offer this service at this time.

hamdouni
Enthusiast - Level 1

You don't have to pay for such services

There are plenty of smartphone apps that fit your expectations

I personally use (deleted to comply with VZW Community ToS) "Mobile Call Blocker" from (removed to comply with VZW Community ToS)

((The Company I'm working for... Is that fine Wildman? )

Check it out @ : (Deleted)

Profiles:

Accept all (default mode)

Reject all (leave me alone mode Smiley Happy)

Black-list (select the contacts you don't want to get calls or sms from => including Unknown calls)

white-list (select the contacts that can reach you and ALL others will be rejected/redirected to your voice mail)

Phonebook only (automatically allow only contacts from your phonebook)

0 Likes