Bluetooth Audio Hiccups/Stuttering/Skipping
Irieone

Alright folks,  I want some feedback on a very annoying issue.  I am on my 3rd Bionic and each device has the same problem with streaming music via Bluetooth.  I have a handful of  BT devices and the Bionic has problems streaming music to everyone of them.  The most notable is the new Sony Xplod head unit in my vehicle.

Scenario:  Device is paired and connected.  I am trying to listen to a song.  The hiccup or skipping starts almost instantly and can happen 3-4 times per song.  The audio problems happen when playing music on internal/external storage, Pandora, Shoutcast, Zumocast, etc.... 

I have an Eris, Incredible, Incredible 2, and Thunderbolt and each of them stream music properly.

The developer forums are full of posts with folks complaining about the same issues.  This issue is not related to Wifi so don't tell me to "turn off Wifi"

How about it folks?  I have to have my tunes!

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth Audio Hiccups/Stuttering/Skipping
MrIceT

I stream music and movie audio to my Monster ClarityHD bluetooth micro speaker system from my Bionic and have had no issues with stuttering or skipping and the sound quality is excellent.

0 Likes
Murat

I'm having the same issue....I've used Motorola S305 and S10 Headsets and they BOTH have the same issue.

I'm afraid that this may be a hardware issue if only some people are having it and some aren't...

I've taken this to a Verizon Corporate store, they've replicated the issue and didn't do anything but said wait for the software update, WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THAT?  There is NO guarantee that will resolve the problem.

So I went out of my way to report this to Motorola and all they could respond with is a predefined reply about bluetooth problems which I've told them I've already done.  I've talked to Verizon's tech support and they guy said he reported it as a bug to Motorola.

Hopefully this gets fixed, I listen to music a lot on my phone while working out.

0 Likes
chuckned

Yep, same problem. I also have the Bionic and a Sony Xplod car stereo. I previously had a Droid 2 that I used to listen to music/podcasts on the same Xplod stereo and zero problems. Definately a Bionic problem. Hopefully a software problem and not a hardware problem so they can get it fixed. Really like this phone.

0 Likes
JohnChristie

I just got the software update 12-15-2011 in Indiana, but they did not fix the Bluetooth.  It still skips about 3 times a song when listening with Bluetooth headphones.  I tried 2 different Bluetooth head sets and both failed.  Both headsets worked perfectly with my friends HTC Rezound.  I wanted to use Bluetooth because the audio out of the head phone jack had pops between the songs and a hiss all the time.  This is not a good phone for listening to music.

0 Likes
jroal
Contributor - Level 2

You can use A2DP Volume to manage the settings when connecting and disconnecting from your cars Bluetooth. It has a feature to disable WiFi when Bluetooth is connected to prevent a known issue of music stutter.  It can also launch and kill apps based on connection.  I captures your cars location automatically as well as several other features.  Just search A2DP Volume on Android Market.  It is free, open source, and ad free.

http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/

Also make sure you don't have too many things running on the background.  Use a good task killer to keep your RAM clear.  Most Gingerbread devices have a task killer build in.  Add all the stuff you don't want running in the background to the kill list.

0 Likes
ts47
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update that was just released (.902) fixes this bug.

0 Likes
gromitvt

Was hoping .902 would fix an issue I have similar to this.  I stream via bluetooth to an FM transmitter.  I have a Bionic.  Every once in a while the audio cuts out (the music does not pause) and then resumes.  I believe my phone makes a notification tone - but I'm not actually getting a notification.  No clue what it's from.  Other times the audio drops really low and if I use the FM transmitter's control to pause and resume (or skip to the next song) the volume returns to normal.

0 Likes