Bluetooth enabling with Elantra
wireless123

My bluetooth will not hold the Elantra sync.  I paired my Incredible and the contact list downloaded, I used it once and then the phone bluetooth device setting went to "connected to media audio".  I've done this a number of times with the same results.  I can't get the phone in the car to work, it will ask for a command and dial, but it's not through my phone......HELP!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth enabling with Elantra
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

Sounds like you might need to reset your Bluetooth device to it's factory settings.  If it has ever been connected to more than one device in the past, it can cause connection problems when you add a new device. Check with your owners manual for instructions on how to do a master reset.   

Thank you 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

Sounds like you might need to reset your Bluetooth device to it's factory settings.  If it has ever been connected to more than one device in the past, it can cause connection problems when you add a new device. Check with your owners manual for instructions on how to do a master reset.   

Thank you 

0 Likes
trowlan1

I have the same issue with my Elantra. I'm starting to think it is a Software issue with the car (2011). If you look at Hyundai Site, at the bottom is a bluetooth compatibility checker. If you check 2011 Elantra (w/ or w/o touch screen Nav.) and select Verizon, it doesn't even give you an option for HTC. I confirmed this on their complete list of supported phones (Same Page). This is really aggrevating as I just purchased the car yesterday and neither the dealer nor my local Verizon Store (Augusta, GA) could figure out the issue. Is this a fixable problem?? Does anyone know of a hack or workaround to solve this? I have e-mailed Hyundai for a solution to this problem and will post if they find anything.........This Sucks!

0 Likes
wwtaylor
I just got my 2011 Elantra as well..and I'm having the same issue. Did you find a solution? Thanks wwtaylor
0 Likes