Bluetooth not turning on
droid_girl

I recently moved to a "handsfree-only" state so decided to pair my Droid X with my Toyota. But my Bluetooth won't even turn on! It takes about 10 seconds saying "Turning on...", then goes back to "Turn on Bluetooth". Need a fix quickly so I can use my phone in the car! Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth not turning on
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Just so we're clear - you Activated BT on your Phone 1st? and PAIRED it with the BT on your Toyota?

0 Likes
droid_girl

No, I've never used the Bluetooth feature. Never needed it. Now it just won't turn on.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

OK, let's be a lot more specific ... How are you turning on BLUETOOTH?  Does it "SCAN"?

Menu / Settings / Bluetooth / Turn on Bluetooth

Bluetooth Settings  -  Scan for Devices / what happens????????

0 Likes
droid_girl

I'm going into Settings, then Wireless & networks, then touching Bluetooth. When I do this, it says Turning on..., then goes back to Turn on Bluetooth.

0 Likes
winzig

Did you download and install the latest update that was available in Oct.?   After I installed the latest update I started having issues with  the Bluetooth connecting to my Jabra SP700 so I went out and bought another speakerphone.   The Bluetooth driver seems to be jacked up now with that latest update.   I also have issues with the wireless network connection too but not as bad as the Bluetooth.

v/r,

winzig

0 Likes
droid_girl

My phone downloads the updates automatically. I believe I remember recently seeing a new system download.

In terms of the Bluetooth, I have tried rebooting, pulling the battery and clearing the cache. I'm worried my only option is to do a factory reset and reloading apps one at a time to see if there is conflict with an app. If I do need to do a factory reset, I'll need guidance on how to back up all my apps and data.

0 Likes
droid_girl

UPDATE: The factory reset did not fix the situation so I am getting a replacement phone. 

0 Likes
Ondaroadagin

Trying to pair with my laptop and keep getting an error message that a bluetooth peripheral device is missing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Ondaroadagin!

A laptop error message is the last thing I want you to get!  I may be able to provide some information dependent on your bluetooth.

May I get some information regarding your bluetooth and laptop make and model?

Thank you

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes