Bluetooth pairing issues
afs425wv

I'm having problems pairing my Charge to my car (Lexus). I previously had a Blackberry Storm and it paired fine so it isn't the car. When I try registering the phone with the car, I've confirmed that everything, such as the passkey, is entered the same in both but it says Connection Failed. Check your phone or passkey - which I did. Any ideas? Are there any special settings that I need to set on the phone?

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth pairing issues
traveler0980

This may be a problem with the upgrade for the Charge.  Since my Charge was upgraded my Bluetooth has stopped working in my Grand Cherokee. Verizon tech support had me remove the battery and SIM card, then reinstall. Worked one time. Have yet to get resolution for this. Phone worked great before the upgrade.

0 Likes
Golfer5788

I am also having trouble paring the droid charge with my Infinitiqx56.  It finds the device but comes up with a pass key and just says to either accept or decline.  The pass key is incorrect.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
jimneidhardt

had the same problem and talked to tech support and received a new phone. Haven't had a problem with the new phone.

0 Likes
winnersmw
Contributor - Level 1

The Charge, and many other Samsung smartphones, are known to have issues pairing with vehicles. Try shutting down the "BluetoothPbapService" service when you turn on Bluetooth. Go to Settings>Applications>Running Services, scroll down to Bluetooth Share, and tap Stop.

0 Likes