Bluetooth pairs but no audio on Droid Incredible
Faithfully10

My bluetooth works on my old verizon flip phone.   I paired it with my new droid incredible and checked all the settings.  It won;t make a call when I press the button on the bluetooth and if someone calls me I hear nothing on the bluetooth.  Can someone help?  Also, the voice dialing sucks!!!!  It doesn't work right.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth pairs but no audio on Droid Incredible
Prompterguy

I have had the same problem.  I'm taking it back.  The Motorola Droid worked flawlessly.  I pair... it starts and as soon as I start driving, I get no audio from either Pandora, or my mp3's.  I try to make a phone call and my car with Microsoft Sync says it's connecting and then gives up.

0 Likes
gergles

Android does not support voice dialing initiated on the headset yet; this is common to all Android phones. The Bluetooth support does work in that I'm able to use it to make and receive calls but I have to dial by turning on the device and holding down the search button to bring up voice search. You have to speak into the device to have it bring up the contact, then the call audio will be routed to the BT earpiece.

I have set up a bunch of dialing favorites instead to try to make this easier; it is a significant issue for some people who need to use hands-free dialing.

0 Likes
mrpaulc

I had the same problem this morning. Dial *228 and press 1. The OTA programming solved the problem. 

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

The code for initiating a call was set to False in source because the Android voice recognition does not recognize the low sample rates used by Bluetooth devices.  If you root your phone you can set  it to true with a lot of in depth instructions but it still would not be worth much because it would still rely on Google voice recognition which doesn't support Bluetooth. 

0 Likes
Malzie

I have the same issue still, where yes the bluetooth dialing is annoying. The most annoying is hitting the call button on my BT headset and being able to talk but have no audio being received. It is as if the phone is simply not sending audio...

However, when I answer with my incredible it sends audio to the BT headset with no problems. Kind of annoying when I am driving and the phone is in my pocket.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

First you want to make sure that you have the most updated software on the phone.  

From the main screen, touch Menu
Touch Settings
Touch About Phone
Touch System Updates

Try un-pairing and re-paring the device.  

Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar for pairing instructions.  

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/bluetooth

0 Likes