Bluetooth sound quality when connected to car system
dennyerardi

I have a new HTC Incredible 4G, and love it, with one major exception.  The sound quality for people on the receiving end of my phone calls when the phone is connected to my car's bluetooth, hands free system is horrible.  I recommended the phone to a friend of mine who has the same car, and his is equally bad.  It is virtually impossible to understand what he is saying.

Both cars are 2012 Mercedes, and both have worked with our previous phones;  his was a Bionic and mine was a Droid 3.

Is this a known problem, and are there any rumblings as to a fix, or what causes this?

Unfortunately, I was out of town when I purchased the phone, and didn't need to use it in connection with my car until after the 14 day return period.  Will cross that bridge when I get to it.  Right now I'd like to know if anyone has the same issue, and if anyone's had success in fixing the problem.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth sound quality when connected to car system
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Dennyerardi!

I am so happy to hear that you love your phone!  I just want you to love while you're driving that lovely car of yours.

After reviewing my available resources I do see we're currently working with HTC to have the question addressed.  Our liason has requested devices having this difficulty to be replaced under warranty so we can further test together.

If you would like to participate in this replacement please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for your patience,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
sethmcalex

i have the same issue.  I cant even use my bluetooth in my vehicle it is so bad.  no one can understand me and my old phone worked great.

0 Likes
vance23

I can not connect my phone to my BT stereo in my car aftermarket pioneer. The hands free ability is crucial and I would expect it to work. My old droid worked fine by Motorola but the new htc incredible will pair then when I connect it will give me the "unfortunately the com.android.phone has stopped working, the phone will reload sim card then will not connect. Please I love this phone and have been a loyal $180.00 mo. customer for almost ten years. It is against the law to talk on my phone in the car w/o the hands free option my receiver allows. My phone is less than a month old.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi vance23! Other than this trouble with the bluetooth, I hope you're enjoying your new phone. Our customers' safety is very important to us, so I'm glad you're trying to use your hands free options. Many times, third party bluetooth devices may have compatibility issues with certain types of bluetooth devices that haven't been tested. Since your HTC is successfully finding and pairing to the stereo, that leads me to believe it may not have been tested to work with the 4G LTE Incredible. Have you checked with the manufacturer of your aftermarket stereo to see if it's compatible with the 4.0 bluetooth wireless technology in your new phone? Is the phone able to place and receive calls when not connected to your car bluetooth? Have you tried any other bluetooth accessories?

We have lots of great bluetooth accessories that are compatible with the new 4.0 technology at http://bit.ly/Xd7EZi if you'd like to take a look at a few other options too.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes