Boycott upgrading your phone due to the Reboot Loop!
Joesep
Enthusiast - Level 3

HTC Incredible users please boycott upgrading your phone because of this patch/crash release.  It was done intentional and its working as designed.  Most of you are taking the bait and upgrading.  HTC & Verizon hate this phone and want as many users off of it as possible.  Think about it...the phone was no longer being sold almost 2 years ago...um everyone one's contract is close to an upgrade if not already.  HTC has had nothing but problems with this phone.  When the company release a patch for this phone it introduces another issue. No revenue comes from this phone anymore.  I myself only had one issue with the phone prior and that was the Galley not showing my pics/vids.  I had to power cycle the phone.  Other then that I love my phone...the provider and manufacture pushed me away.

I have been in contact with others who are starting a class action law suit.   Verizon and HTC messed up and we should have to pay.  It's more like they need to pay.  Oh yeah, I lost my new borns pics/vids over this stunt so I'm pissed and going after them...please join in!

0 Likes
Re: Boycott upgrading your phone due to the Reboot Loop!
Mattman4
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone was doing this too.

The only solution i came up with (and I've been reboot-free for about a month) i can't talk about on the forums.

Lets just say its the part of the tree that grows in the ground...starts with "r" and ends with "oot". lol

The phones are out of warranty anyway, so they can't void whats not there.

HTC has a official thing on the website that will unlock the bootloader, and then from there its an easy 1-2-3 to "FIX" your phone. I'm running 4.0.4 ICS and it runs faster than gingerbread.

0 Likes
Joesep
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone seen this issue published by Verzion or HTC?  Has one seen Verizon or HTC publish a statement? Exactly....these companies don't care!!!!

0 Likes
Joesep
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tomorrow is the 15 and my contract is up with V$rizon.  Oh and guess what, No I'm not upgrading to say in my contract!  I'll buy a non HTC phone and use it with my contract if need.  Anyone who upgraded due to the V$rizon and HTC OTA 2AM push resently....THANKS FOR DOING WHAT THEY WANTED YOU TOO!

Now the phone has all kind of issues after this push.   "Way to go Paula, way to go"

0 Likes
Rinch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Reading all of the comments about the problems after installing the new software I am not going to install it.

I did try several times and it hung up, never did install. Self cancelled it seems. Now I keep getting a notice that it is ready to install. I click install later and it comes back up about 15 minutes later, click install later...comes back again.

Am eligible to upgrade but was holding off maybe need to do something.  Any ideas on stopping the software update from attempting to run if I don't want it to?

GmaLES

There is another problem . . . we bought into this getting two HTC phones and unlimited data . . .both phones have had alot of problems (one had it's insurance revoked because insurion said two replacements within a short period of time lead to cancellation).  Now we are told if we upgrade we loose the data plan for 30 a month.  Never were we told this was a 2 year plan and that we would have to shop for a new plan.  Totally frustrated with the options.  I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years with 5 phones in the house.   We were told that if we went and got a phone on our own it could be put on the original plan  . . why can they put the plan on a phone I purchase from an outside vendor but they cannot put a phone I upgrade with them on it.

0 Likes
Joesep
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope, it was forced!

0 Likes
Joesep
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes anything to get you out of that unlimited plan.  As I see it you have these options.

_Go to the store and validate you can't upgrade without losing your plan

_get a used phone (want to buy a DINC)

_Add a line and then cancel it. $150 would be the charge...yeah not the best but keeping the unlimited data

0 Likes
denisem776
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you 100%... words cannot even explain how angry this makes me, and how wrong this is on so many levels.  Coincidence that this starts getting pushed out around the time Verizon does away with their unlimited plans??? NOT.  I'm with you on this Boycott idea.  Verizon seriously needs a swift kick in the face for the way they treat their customers.  Hmmm let's see - they did away with the VIP discount, they did away with the discount if you renewed your phone online instead of in person or on the phone, they did away with their unlimited plans... bottom line, they did away with any sense of loyalty entirely.  I've been with Verizon 10 years, and this is the thanks I get?  Our entire company uses Verizon... hmmm as the IT Director, I may have to pursuade them to use another carrier... 

Disgusting....

Anyway - from waht I hear it says in the Verizon contracts that you cannot file a class action lawsuit against Verizon, but I hope I heard wrong.  If you do make any headway with that I would certainly appreciate you sharing the information because I am so in on that.

0 Likes
denisem776
Enthusiast - Level 1

From what I understand you can choose not to install it.  You will continue to be prompted, but I hear if you keep saying no it won't get installed.  Being constantly prompted certainly will be annoying, but far less annoying than having the reboot issue.  Not only do I have the reboot issue - but for the past 3 nights my phone doesn't recover from the reboot until I do a battery pull.  NIGHTMARE!  Try to avoid it at all costs if you can.  Good luck.