Re: Brand New Droid X off and on.... constantly.
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

I would to like thank the community for helping bayleeann. After researching, I found the constant power cycle issue has been acknowledge with multiple devices and being corrected in the upcoming software update. It's noted the update is currently in testing, and planned for release early June 2011. While I don't have an exact date, I did want to share that with you so you can at least know the issue will be resolved soon.  As with past updates, they are pushed to groups of users at a time; once the update is ready for your phone, you will see a notification directly in your display panel. 

In the meantime, try this temporary fix that worked for a customer- the problem did not occur while phone was on a charger. After we changed the backlight settings to always on, the phone has not shut off since. Hope this helps you for now.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I think this is the 1st VERIZON acknowledgement that GB is COMING !!  And a JUNE date.  love it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Worth bookmarking for sure, Cody!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
yellowcanary73
Knowing Verizon I would not hold my breath on that statement.
0 Likes
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

As much I wish I was referring to gingerbread, I must be clear I'm referring to a manufacturer firmware update not android OS software. I know there's great anticipation of gingerbread and apologize for the misunderstanding.

P.S. I did check the latest news for gingerbread on the Droid X in our resources and there's no info as today at 5:02 pm CST. 

Thank you

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2
Lol. Thanks anyway.
0 Likes
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hi all, I just wanted to follow up with great news gingerbread 2.3 is here for the Droid X! Starting on May 27, the update will be pushed to groups of users daily, then as of June 1 everyone that didn't get the notification can download it manually. You are more than welcome to check in the meantime- Settings > About phone > System updates

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/droid_x.html

I'm glad I could share this update. Have a great day!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Now that ^^^^^^ is worth bookmarking! Thanks GinaH_VZW

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Galaxy80
Enthusiast - Level 3
I love you Gina! Lol
0 Likes
bayleeann

This may sound a bit naive.... but, why is the Gingerbread update being talked about so much and so highly anticipated?  What makes this update so special? 

0 Likes