Brew Message
StuParker

Lately I have been receiving these messages that look like the following:  //BREW:01013D82:28110LN sparker02148 Hch5M3nv07eQADqPOv9zrnFuerp3FF

gaxA--....After doing some research I found that these are messages from when I had my Verizon Voyager with mobile IM.  I have called customer service on several occasions only to be told they're not sure what it is and are not sure how to turn it off.  I have also been told that it can be turned off thru My Verizon but have yet to get any instructions on how to do this. 

Any Help is Appreciated

Thank You

0 Likes
Re: Brew Message
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you searched through the community to see what others have used to remove the Brew messages? They are related to the mobile email on your old phone. Most users have reported good luck with activating the old feature phone and removing the mobile email from there and then reactivating the smartphone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wildman,

Your link is not working for me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Strange???  It works fine for me when I click it...   Basically it was a post that budone posted awhile back that verified your suggestion on how to fix this...

budone wrote: 

Easiest way is to activate the old phone for a second and delete any active email addresses you have on that phone, then reactivate the iPhone. That should take care of it.

Some say replying STOP works.

I know its not a iPhone but the steps should still work..

0 Likes