Brew Messages
StuParker

I am receiving these messages that appear on my phone as text messages from the same number that Verizon sends free texts to its customers.  The content of the emails are as follows:

//BREW:01013D82:28110LN sparker02148 Hch5M3nv07eQADqPOv9zrnFuerp3FF

gaxA--

I spoke with Verizon tech support who was really no help except for saying that I had a blackberry at one point and it could be from messages that cannot be read from my Droid X and thats why they're coming in this way.  Then I was reading on another forum that it was from when I had a Voyager and had signed up for whatever push service was on that....If thats the case I have an issue cause I no longer have the Blackberry or The Voyager to check these settings.  Does anyone have any idea as to what might be causing these and how to stop them?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Brew Messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the messages coming in as the same time as any emails?  If so can you check the email address to see if there are anything on that side to notify you through your phone number?

Otherwise call Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone and ask to speak with tech support or select it from the number options.  They should be able to assist you with stopping the BREW messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Brew Messages
Not applicable

StuParker,

Good morning! These messages can occur when a person uses "Mobile Email" on a non-smart phone (like the voyager) then migrates to a smart phone.Occasionally the service remains active and attempts to send your emails and since its not compatible, you receive only the message you mentioned. We do have a process to contact the developer of the Mobile Email application/BREW service to have it disabled. Please send me a direct message for more help.

Thanks,

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes