Brew Text Messages
StuParker

Hey all

Thanks for stopping by.  As the title suggests I m receiving these BREW text messages.   No matter what I do I cannot stop them from coming in.  They are apparently from when I had my Voyager and signed up for some sort of either Instant Messenger or email.  The message looks like this:

//BREW:01013D82:28110LN sparker02148 Hch5M3nv07eQADqPOv9zrnFuerp3FF

gaxA--

Tech Support over the phone thought it was a Blackberry thing cause I had one for about a week but that doesn't seem to be the issue...Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Brew Text Messages
Not applicable

Hello StuParker!

Thanks for the post! We can get those messages stopped for you! They are from a previous application you had on your Voyager, you are correct. We will need to look at your account to take care of this. Can you please send me a DM with your full name and mobile number? You can also reach us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

Thanks!

Katie H

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rgenther

Hi I am also getting brew messages and it is followed by a comment that I have new facebook activity and states an actual name of the person...how is this information being obtained and forwarded through text messages?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rgenther!

I would feel the same way about the messages you are receiving. I'd be happy to review your account and find a resolution for the messages that include content about new facebook activity. Is the name you mention, that is included in the message, one of your valid Facebook contacts? Have you set up your alerts for Facebook to come via text message or email? These are all questions I would need the answers to, so I can resolve this for you. Please send me a DM and include your name, the mobile number for which this is happening, and a good contact number for you (besides the line it is happening to). Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lpiraino

I have called for the past two weeks and no one over the phone has been able to stop or figure out what the problem is. I have the iphone and I continue to get these messages. I would also love to speak to someone that really knows what they are talking about as the people over the phones just read off of something. PLEASE PLEASE help me resolve this issue. I get these "BREW" text messages too many times a day and it is very frustrating.

0 Likes
haleyfamily84

I have the droid X and have Brew messages that come in about 5 times a day at random times.  Can a VZW please help me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ipiraino, I can definitely understand how frustrating this can get and I’m here to help.

How long have you been receiving these messages? What do the messages say? In order to better assist you I will need to access your account. Please DM your name and mobile number so I can access your account.

John B

0 Likes
jinglis23

I have an HTC Droid Incredible 2 and am getting messages now that say //BREW:01013D82:15119L 0 OK. I was getting //MIM:Android messages that looked similar and before that I was getting //AIM text messages that look similar. In all honesty, I would rather not get text messages at all from the 900080001450 number. I can give you all the information you would like, I would just rather not give it publically in the forum. The other problem is because I had an outside application (Handscent SMS) for a while I could block the text messages from coming to that application but they were still being stored in my phone's native messages application. Now that I have deleted the Handscent (because it was taking up too much space on my phone) I am back in my native application. Because there are over 8000 text messages in the thread with that 9000... number, when i try to open the thread to delete the message, my phone crashes. So, in summary, If you could stop those messages from coming to me that would be great. And is there anyway of me deleting the current messages from my phone memory? without crashing my phone? Or is there anyway you guys can delete them remotely? Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
cgamiddo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jaclyn,

I'm very interested to see if your problem has been resolved. Like you, I too have a Droid Incredible 2 and this just started happening to me today. It's driving me crazy. My google search led me straight to you, because my symptoms are exactly the same as yours -- I get texts from 900080001450 that look like these:

//BREW:01013D82:15119L 0 OK.

//BREW:01013D82:16119L 0 OK.

//BREW:01013D82:14119L 0 OK.

//BREW:01013D82:10119L 0 OK.

And on and on. As you can see the only thing that is different in the texts is the 5 digits preceding the "L". Everything else remains the same. So I am very interested...has this been resolved for you yet? Please...this is driving me crazy! It seems to be increasing in severity.

Thank you...

0 Likes
cgamiddo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you help me? This just started happening to me yesterday, and I've already received over 100 of these text messages...they just don't stop. It's extremely frustrating and I don't know what to do. I don't even use mobile IM applications...

0 Likes