Browser Issues as of this past week
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

First issue; well actually before I get into that; let me discuss this:

HTC Incredible, Verizon (obviously lol), Oregon, Froyo 2.2 (everything up to date)

Okay first Issue:

Facebook. I have always opened a browser and typed in www.facebook.com and it would load a touch version site; I have done this for months, and by months I mean 9 months + and upon signing in, it gave me 2 additional options: mobile version/full version site.  Anyways as of right now, it only loads the mobile version and I've had this issue for over a week now

Second Issue:

www.msnbc.com . I have always opened up my browser and I have msnb.com set as my homepage.  It loads a very nice layout of the web page.  Displays Top Stores, then when I scroll down some theres a menu that say "click for more stories"; then you scroll down further and its categorized by Sports (with headlines) Entertainment (with headlines) and Health (with headlines); it lists more but those are the only ones that I remember.  Anyways again I've had my cell phone 9months + and as of today; its all messed up.  Completely white background; links up top to each category; I scroll down with various news stories but NOT the pretty layout like it has been (all white); no pull/drop down menu just a link that says "show more stories"

So Im wondering.........whats going on with my browser?  I've deleted everything, erased cookies, cache, whatever the cell phone has in options I erased them.  Again 9 months + user here internet; never had a problem til the past week.

I did find a MSNBC.com android application that if theres nothing no one can do, I'll just deal with that.  Cause the application loads a NBC wheel (kinda like wheel of fortune) that I click a leaf to correspond to my category and it loads stories from that.  AND I get a pretty background (by that I mean-COLOR lol)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Browser Issues as of this past week
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Okay well I will call the msnbc.com a fluke and that the few times I refreshed the page that one day was an isolated event.  It still continues to work now (now i might un install the app lol)

As far as the facebook thing; visit touch.facebook.com BUT also make sure to uncheck the mobile view under settings and you'll view Facebook (the touch version)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

As for automatically going ot the mobile site, When you open your Browser, go into setting. Make sure the box to automatically is not marked.

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

well that kinda worked.  I mean disabling the 'mobile view' gives the desktop version of those sites.  When I didnt like it I re enabled the mobile view and msnbc. loads just like it had been for the past 9 months.  I've launched the browser and the site at least a dozen times since the other day (even turning off cell phone) and its still working; so perhaps that may have fixed it (or msnbc was just having network issues and its now fixed).

As far as facebook; it still loads mobile version and not the touch version :smileysad:

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Okay well I will call the msnbc.com a fluke and that the few times I refreshed the page that one day was an isolated event.  It still continues to work now (now i might un install the app lol)

As far as the facebook thing; visit touch.facebook.com BUT also make sure to uncheck the mobile view under settings and you'll view Facebook (the touch version)

0 Likes