Re: CHILL OUT!
bbdec1

I agree.  We have become a society of "I want it all and I want it NOW!!"  I ordered my X on 8-21-10 got it on 8-31-10  seven days before the expected ship date.  I have had a few issues but I look at the Android phones like I look at the P.C. computer:  If I am having issues, the first place I look is at MY settings, apps and widgets that I installed.  That is the most likely culprit of many issues, not a faulty phone. 

I have watched these forums ever since I began looking at the X to replace my original Droid.  People seem to have this feeling of entitlement (immediate gratification) and if something is wrong--it must be someone else's fault.  No one ever seems to think "Is there something I did that could have caused this problem?" 

The day I got my X, I immediately started adding Apps and changing settings.  When I had a few screen lockups and reboots, I never once thought I had a defective phone because I had changed and added way too much to assume that.  Apps are software and even market approved Apps may have bugs.  That does not make the phone bad, but a buggy app could cause the phone to act badly.

I have seen numerous complaints about poor battery life but I knew what I was getting when I bought the X.  I just bought an extended battery and a wall charger for the regular battery.  Problem solved.  I'm just saying.....   

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

bbdec1 wrote:

I agree.  We have become a society of "I want it all and I want it NOW!!" ....  I have had a few issues but I look at the Android phones like I look at the P.C. computer:  If I am having issues, the first place I look is at MY settings, apps and widgets that I installed.  That is the most likely culprit of many issues, not a faulty phone. 

...No one ever seems to think "Is there something I did that could have caused this problem?" 

...I have seen numerous complaints about poor battery life but I knew what I was getting when I bought the X.  I just bought an extended battery and a wall charger for the regular battery.  Problem solved.  I'm just saying.....   

Yeah, what bbdec1 said....and it might even help to RTFM now and then....but then these forums wouldn't be nearly as busy.....

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

i know this a little off the path of this forum but its extremely inconvienient to swap batteries on this phone the back has to come off but i have the verizon case that fits super snug on the phone and isnt made to take on and off the one that fits into the holster backwards so whats the solution for me if i could find a battery offering more than an addition 2 hours i would switch but it just isnt worth it.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

since no one said anything to help i have noticed i get plenty of life outta my battery as is but it seems to be inconsistant somedays i get a full work day and several hours at home with it and somedays its in the yellow when i get home and this is with identicle use each day and a helpful note wifi really isnt a huge battery drain i used it about 2 hours today and downloaded 50ish apps and did some net browsing and it was at 90 befor and 80 after

it charges pretty rapidly as well ...so all in all scratch my complaint here i love this phone

0 Likes