CONNECTING TO TV WITH HDMI
stan62

Has anyone tried to connect their Charge to a TV with an HDMI adapter.  I purchased an adapter when I bought the charge but when I connect it from the Charge to my TV I receive no picture.

0 Likes
Re: CONNECTING TO TV WITH HDMI
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Only Digital Rights Management (DRM) free/unprotected content can be viewed via this method. The supported file formats are as follows:

• H.263
  • H.264
  • MPEG4
  • 3GP
  • 3G2 (v9)
  • Xvid
  • DivX 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
kenny_n_spokane

My Samsung charge connects to my Toshiba 55" with the HDMI cable, but will not connect to 24" insignia led tv (intermit sound/no picture)

0 Likes
HoustonHeart
Contributor - Level 2

Haven't tried it on this phone yet. Ill use my video cards cable. Seen another displayed on HDMI, my friend chris can but it works on 2 of 3 hdtv sets, and the 36 inch in hsi bedroom won't display the control image. You need to tweak and add an app to see the phone screen and not just content.

By default it doesn't scale all images right.

0 Likes
vodh

When we connect to TV what should I see on the TV screen first? Can I see the same screen on the phone ? My see nothing . I when I reboot the phone I see TV change from snow screen to blue screen when I play the video nothing change on the TV When I disconnect the HDMI cable I lost the video sound from the phone. I have the reset the phone to got the sound back is it normal

0 Likes
nbg2

The first time I connected there was a delay.  But afterward it worked perfectly.  My Sony Bravia TV screen mirrors everything on my phone.   For example, if I am just sitting there looking at my Droid Charge Home screen and the phone is connected to my TV, my mobile phone home screen is dispalyed on my TV.  Or if I use my calculator, that appears on my TV, etc.

Incidentally, make sure your TV has been told which input your phone is on, or you won't get anything.  For example, in my case, my SONY Bravia has two HDMI inputs, and several other types of inputs.  I need to make sure that the TV is looking at the right HDMI input to which my phone is connected, or I won't get anything. 

Specifically, the way I have handled this issue is that  I have connected one HDMI input (which the Bravia calls "HDMI 1" ) via a standard HDMI cable between my TV and my cable box, and I have connected the other input ("HDMI 2") via a cable with a micro-SD on the end so that I can use it to my phone.  Then, when I want to see the input from my Droid Charge on my TV, I must use the OEM control device that came with my TV to open up the MENU and tell the TV which input to use (HDMI 2).  Afterward, when I am finished using my phone on my TV monitor and want to and go back to watching cable TV, I need to restore the setting to HDMI 1.

0 Likes
tchang

I am able to see the phone screens on the TV display, but not able to resize the image to fit the TV screen. Anyone know how to do this? If possible, my intention is to watch espn live through the phone browser.

0 Likes
jbl79705

I get a great picture but no sound.....:smileysad:

0 Likes
Not applicable

@ tchang

You will have to reference your television manufacture to resize the screen.  Thank you.

0 Likes
gjh123

I just got a Charge last week and got the HDMI cable last night.  Using the HBOGO app, I am able to get video to my TV just fine but I cant get an audio signal.  Here's what I tried:

1. I tried all three HDMI inputs and the picture is fine on each, but I can't get audio. The HDMI cable I bought was from Amazon (seller was Gizmodo) and the description said the HDMI cable was compatible with the Charge.   I can try another HDMI cable but given that the video works I doubt that's the issue.
  2. I also made certain that the phone's volume settings were turned up as high as possible, ditto for the TV. 
  3. I can't get sound for anything through the TV - I tried the music player, no go.  And I can't hear any phone sounds through the TV either.
  4. A Verizon rep suggested (as I saw in other threads) that there is some content tha tis restricted and can't be played through HDMI.  But I get no errors, and I get the video, so that doesn't seem to be the issue either. 
  5. I then took a video.  I can play it back on the phone with sound.  I can play it on the TV, with video, but no sound.

Any thoughts on what's going on with the sound would be greatly appreciated.

Related:  Now I also tried to use an audio cable that connects the phone's headphone jack with the TV's audio in port. That did not work either. But I saw in the Android forums that the Charge OS does not support splitting the HDMI output between video and audio - so you can't channel video content to the TV and the audio to your stereo.  Looks like someone logged a bug on the Android OS board.

0 Likes