Re: Call quality
alxnet

colfrmb wrote:

Did the *228 and still no good and I have clicking too.  After I used *228, my phone went to silent mode somehow and I missed a couple of calls and then I reset the ring to be on.  Very strange. 

Did you disable voice privacy?  Disable it and power cycle your phone.

0 Likes
colfrmb

I disabled the voice privacy as soon as I got the phone.  I also realize that if I turn the phone off, I can't get it to turn on without plugging it into the USB and charging it either via a computer or the power charger.  That even happened at the store but I didn't put 2 + 2 together at the time.  I keep hoping that the next time I call someone, the call will be stellar but every time this is a chore.  Like others have reported, my people dread calling me now.  I am hoping that it is hardware but I don't have time to try another phone.  So I may revert to my old phone and wait a few months to see what happens with all the new phones.  Sorry Verizon.  Why is it so difficult to get customer service to help me?  Like others have said as well, I am WANTING to spend more money for this phone and the service but I need a phone first and foremost and this piece doesn't cut the mustard.

0 Likes
alxnet

colfrmb wrote:

I've had my Motorola Droid for 4 days and I am returning it today.  My biggest issue is that this is a phone and it drops calls constantly in places I have never, ever dropped calls before.  Also often it all sounds clear on my side but person on the other end keeps saying WHAT?, WHAT?  - I cannot have that.  Other issues: the keyboard is really not useable and I avoid it like the plague.  The Unread Email feature doesn't coordinate with your accounts.  My phone tells me I have unread email all the time when I have read them all either on the phone or on my laptop. I won't bother to review the other features because a phone should be a phone first and I have to be able to take calls.  With today's technology, nobody should have to say "WHAT, I CANT HEAR YOU, OH THERE YOU ARE" .  That is bad business.  So I have to return this phone.   I cannot accept  such bad phone reception. The rest is novelty and I might as well get an ITouch and use my 3 YO phone that never let me down.

Yikes.  It clearly sounds like a defective phone.  I have none of the problems that you're having and call quality is superb.  I've been through a lot of QWERTY phones and this one's okay.  Not as good as blackberry but to me still head and shoulders above using a touch screen.

The Email coordination is a bug which they'll have to patch.  I have zero problems coordinating my Gmail account, but my Yahoo account switches back and forth between read and unread.

0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

I too am having the same problem while making calls. I am talking with someone else, I feel a couple vibrations, and then the other person starts saying, are you there? We have to end the call and start all over. I am going to take it in Tuesday, and am willing to give Verizon ONE more try with this phone before completely returning it. I have called Tech support and they cannot help me. (This is my second defective Droid.)

0 Likes
colfrmb

I have noticed that vibration during choppy calls too.  I also often notice the phone vibrating when I touch the screen but I guess I'm not touching it hard enough to activate the element.  I wonder why it vibrates and does nothing?

0 Likes
stephano7

I have the same problem regarding sound quality with my Droid.  I can hear callers just fine, but nearly everyone I talk to says I sound like I'm in a tunnel, like I'm using a cheap headset, that my voice sounds tinny or they can barely hear me.

I tell them I can hear them fine and just got a new Droid.  Callers insist there's a problem and my voice doesn't sound crisp or clear.

This is embarrassing while on business calls because its distracting to the person I'm talking to and makes me look (sound) unprofessional.   This isn't exactly good word-of-mouth publicity for the Droid either.

Has anyone else with this poor sound quality problem found a resolution?

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
mezmo

I started having this same problem soon after getting my droid. Turned out that the phone talking volume got moved way up during a reset. Even though the control said the volume was as far down as it would go, I had to turn it all the way up, then back down, and that took care of it.

0 Likes
cherylb

I have the same problem. Talking on the phone – feel vibrations – than the other person talking but not able to hear me. Has anyone had any luck fixing this?

0 Likes
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

cherylb wrote:

I have the same problem. Talking on the phone – feel vibrations – than the other person talking but not able to hear me. Has anyone had any luck fixing this?

I had the exact same problem with my first 2 Droids. I would feel a vibration, or a thud, as I had noted in other threads and then the other person could not hear me.

It was very frustrating. I have had my third Droid for about 3 weeks and I have not lost a single call. I would advise you to return it for another Droid. Hopefully you will get one that works well for you.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
colfrmb

So did your new phone solve your problems?  I ended up returning my phone, waited until January to get another one and for almost 2 months this one has been pretty dang good.  Til now.  Now I have the thunk and disconnect in the middle of calls.  It also will stop transmitting my voice and I look at the screen and there is no MUTE button to push.  I have to kill the call and call them back.  This isn't good...

0 Likes