Camera Freezes Droid
foobah

After using the Droid camera to take photos, the phone freezes, usually shutting down and being unable to turn on. Occasionally the receipt of email will cause the controls at the bottom of the phone to light, but it is still impossible to use the phone normally. What must be done is to remove and replace the battery, allowing the phone to be re-booted.

0 Likes
Re: Camera Freezes Droid
Tumeldarn

This just had this happen over the Christmas weekend to me. Turned out the 16 gig memory card went bad. The technician at the Verizon store replaced the card and it’s been working well since. You might be starting to experience the same issue.

0 Likes
foobah

Good luck! Somehow I don't think that's the solution in my case. I've checked the SD card and it seems fine. I suspect a software problem.

0 Likes
The_Gunman

Here's how I solved the problem.  Plug in Droid to PC with USB cable.  Browse to and backup DCIM file to PC.  Delete DCIM file from Droid.  Create new folder on Droid called DCIM.  Unplug from PC and let card SD card re-mount on Droid.  Pictures and Video camera should work like new!  Good Luck  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes