Camera Frozen
wildcatblue2

I was making a video a few months ago on my DroidX. Afterwards I attempted to take pictures and as soon as I turn the camera on it seems to take an instant picture and freezes with the screenshot frozen on the screen, then after 10-15 seconds the camera shuts down and returns to my homescreen. I have turned the phone off and back on, removed the battery and brought phone back up, and nothing has changed with the camera freezing problem. I have done everything I could think of in messing with the camera settings and I cannot get it to work. I love this phone and would like to keep it for as long as possible but this is intolerable to be without the camera function.  My two year contract with this phone was finished in February and I was really hoping to see how long I could go with my old DroidX without going with a new phone or contract. If anyone can help me solve this problem I would love to hear from you. I'm hoping that this is a simple, operator error kind of problem where I hit a button wrong or something but I have not been able to figure it out.

0 Likes
Re: Camera Frozen
winnersmw
Contributor - Level 1

Try clearing data from the camera apk. From the home screen, click Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Camera>Clear Data.

0 Likes
Re: Camera Frozen
outsol

This worked for me. when I went back into the camera I was presented the geo-tag screen to add location data to my photos. I hit cancel and then my camera began to work. apparently the resources it takes to geocode the pictures is too much and slows down the camera.

0 Likes