Camera Problems
kacanney

Hello Everyone,

So when I try to open my camera app I just get a black sceen and the only way to get out of it is by hitting the home button. It was working fine about a week ago. Anyone have a simmalar problem?

-Kyle A. Canney

0 Likes
Re: Camera Problems
ukcatsgrl21

I'm having the same problem.   Did you figure out how to fix yours?

0 Likes
Sandra57

This is the first problems that I have had in a year since purchasing this phone. . 

0 Likes
Sandra57

I am having the same problems as of today.  Worked fine earlier and then about 15 min. Later all I had was a black screen and I have to hit the home button to get out.  I can still see my photos in the gallery but camera and camcorder do not respond.  I have also lost ALL ringtones, even factory ones.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning happy community members,

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 is an excellent device! As a matter of fact, I believe that the Incredible has one of the best cameras that you can find on a smartphone! I can certainly understand as to why the blank screen can be an inconvenience when launching the camera app. Based on the information that's have been provided, the next step would be a factory reset. As always, I encourage that you back up all of your personal info prior to performing this reset. Contacts can be saved using backup assistant and calendar entries can be archived using your Gmail account. Here's a link to perform the factory reset on the Incredible 2.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42020

Once you have performed the factory reset, the device would need to be re-setup. This process is fairly simple as there is a tutorial to walk through the activation process. Once the device has been setup, please retry the camera and the video function on the device. If the issue is resolved then congratulations! If not then please reply to this message as I am eager to further assist.

Thank you...

0 Likes
need-help

I have done a factory reset on my razar to fix the camera and it did not work....What now.  This has happened before and factory reset worked.  Really do not want to go through thata again.

0 Likes
Tina_43420

My phone is having similar issues, going to a black screen, and having to hit the home button to clear out. It has also started having the battery drain in less than 6 hours when it used to last 16. I've performed a factory reset. No change, camera still doesn't work and the battery is still draining much more quickly than usual. What do you suggest next?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, need-help!

Help is here! What concerns are you having with the camera on the Razr? I'm glad you've been able to perform a hard reset, thats a great step! At times, if an issue is not resolved with a hard reset, the phone may need to be exchanged under warranty. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message so I can assist.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes