Camera problems
Chargeuser

I have not seen any significant comments on the Droid Charge camera function after the GB upgrade.  However, I find that I can only delete one picture at a time and need to reboot to delete another.  Camera hangs if I try to delete a second picture and I need to reboot to delete it.  Killing the Camera app does not work.  Also, worse, it is not recording pictures.  I use the camera, it appears to take the picture and holds it after releasing the shutter, but does not store the picture.  Disappointment is that the camera was excellent before the GB upgrade.  Can anyone help here?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Camera problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Chargeuser,  I can imagine the frustration that the camera has caused!  Since the GB update have you installed any new applications that could be affecting the camera?  Try running the device in Safe Mode to confirm an application is not the culprit. Here is a link with the instructions to power on in Safe Mode. http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42435

If the camera works while in Safe Mode we will have to determine which application will have to be removed.  If the camera and gallery still does not work we will have to clear the corruptions in the OS by completing a hard reset.  Please make sure your information is backed up before proceeding with this step.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42407

I would like to work with you further to confirm a resolution.  I will be eager to read your response.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Chargeuser

Thank you for responding to my camera problem.

Actually, I may have fixed it. I found elsewhere in the community a suggestion to fix a camera problem for a different device by connecting the USB cable to a PC, copy the DCIM file to the PC and delete it from the camera, and then create a new DCIM file on the camera. After doing this, I rebooted and the camera seems fine. It takes pictures, records them and I am able to perform all the delete functions. I have not reported this on the community yet because i wanted to use the camera a little more first.

So, I should be OK.

Thanks, again.

Phil Stein

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 13:38:35 -0600

To: stein_pa@msn.com

Subject: - Re: Camera problems

Re: Camera problems created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in DROID Charge by Samsung - View the full discussion

Hello Chargeuser, I can imagine the frustration that the camera has caused! Since the GB update have you installed any new applications that could be affecting the camera? Try running the device in Safe Mode to confirm an application is not the culprit. Here is a link with the instructions to power on in Safe Mode. http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42435

If the camera works while in Safe Mode we will have to determine which application will have to be removed. If the camera and gallery still does not work we will have to clear the corruptions in the OS by completing a hard reset. Please make sure your information is backed up before proceeding with this step.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42407

I would like to work with you further to confirm a resolution. I will be eager to read your response.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in DROID Charge by Samsung by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

another solution would be to view the gallery, then press the menu button.  you can then multi-select each photo that you wish to delete.

0 Likes
barefoot_baby
Enthusiast - Level 2

My camera shuts off or locks up my entire phone when I try to take a picture. Really? How in the world does a camera feature lock up or shut off my phone. This happens with all the Charge's I have had - because I have had several as I have to keep getting new ones. This makes me seriously doubt the functionality of this company's network and whether I want to continue as a customer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello barefoot_baby,
I understand your concern and I would love to review all available options to resolve this!  Please DM me your name and mobile number, so I may further assist you.  Thank you! 

TominqueB_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
barefoot_baby
Enthusiast - Level 2

TominiqueB_VZW

I tried sending you a message. It says I have to follow you. I apologize, I do not know how to do that on here. Please advise and I will send you my information.

Barefoot_baby

0 Likes