Can I block internet access during school hours?
imrusty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does a nyone know if there is a way to block Facebook and internet access during school hours?  I have parental controls on my daughters phone but I can't seem to find a way to block data service during school hours.  Thanks for any advice

0 Likes
Re: Can I block internet access during school hours?
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi imrusty! What a great question. Thanks for letting me help you choose your data access options. I'm going to need a bit of help before I can help you! You mention in your post that you have added parental controls to your daughter's line, but don't state what kind of phone your daughter uses. If I presume that your daughter uses a Droid Incredible 2, I would have to say that Usage Controls (the feature you would need for this operation) is not known to work with that model of phone. Can you confirm what kind of phone she has? If you're not sure, I can find out for your. Thanks again!

0 Likes
imrusty
Enthusiast - Level 2
That is correct she is using the HTC Droid incredible2, and I would like to block the data portion as well as the talk and text that I do now during night and school hours.
0 Likes
imrusty
Enthusiast - Level 2
I would switch her to a new phone if I could but I just bought her this one in July. Could you please help all of us by creating a fix for this phone.
0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thnks for the clarification! Actually, the functionality you're looking for should be there! I'd like to have a closer look to confirm it. May I request that you send me a personal message? Please include your name, your daughter's phone number, and the settings you would like and I'll see what I can do! Thanks!!

0 Likes
imrusty
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am always cautious about releasing any information about my family.  If you could provide a step by step instruction of what we as parents can do to block this service during certain hours I am sure others could learn from it as well.   Thank you.

DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

I respect your need to protect your privacy. I can tell you that you would not be randomly releasing details about your family. I am a Verizon Wireless employee, and I am bound by our ethics standards. The reason I'm recommending that you contact me is because I believe that you have followed the correct steps, but for some reason haven't been show this option. Nevertheless, here are the steps you would need to follow to add data block to her line:

Log in your account at www.verizonwireless.com. It is very important to use the Account Owner's logon when logging into the account. You can confirm that you are using the Account Owner's logon by looking at the welcome message (it will read Welcome, ________) You are the Account Owner.

1. Scroll down to the section titled "I Want To..." and find a column titled "Plan". Click on the box marked "Block Calls & Messages"

2. Under the heading Verizon Safeguards, you will see four tabs. Click on "Parental Controls"

3. Scroll down to the box marked "Usage Controls", and then click on the red box marked "+Add Time Restrictions"

4. Set the days and times that you want to restrict. Note: This will prevent the phone from being used for calls and messages to any number that is not on the Trusted Numbers list, so make sure you have added those numbers that you still want her to be able to reach during the restriction periods.

0 Likes