Re: Can I block specific incoming ph#s
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

yes, via your on-line MyVerizon account

0 Likes
mauler

I'm sorry but obviously I need some more directions.  I went to my account but didn't see anywhere I can link to, to help solve my problem. 

Apparently I cannot block a specific ph# directly from my phone by myself, where in 'my account' do I follow links to block specific incoming ph numbers?

Thnanks

created by tikibar1 in DROID X by Motorola - View the full discussion

yes, via your on-line MyVerizon account

>Personal email addressed removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you reply to this forum via the e-mail that you receive, please remove your private info. (i.e., e-mail address) before posting.  Otherwise, just do a reply on this thread.

With that said ... some phones allow you to send a Contact straight to voice mail.  If your phone has that capability, set a new Contact with the number you want blocked and then set the Contact to go straight to voice mail.  I don't know if your particular phone has that capability or not. 

Another method is to log into your on-line MyVerizon account (www.verizonwireless.com) from your computer.  Look under I Want To, then Plan and click on Block Calls and Messages.  If appropriate, choose the phone line from the list at the top or click the check box next to Apply to All Eligible Lines at the bottom.  You can enter up to five numbers that you want blocked; enter the number(s) and click Submit.  The numbers will be blocked for 90 days, at which time you can re-enter them.

Another option is to sign up for Usage Controls, but that Verizon service costs $4.99 a month.

There also are apps on Google Play that can help, and you may want to search this forum for suggestions because several have been mentioned, but I can't recommend any because I haven't tried any of them.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes