Can I get a phone that works please?
tglenn1025

My Droid Bionic is probably the worst phone I have ever had. The battery is terrible, lasting only about 3-4 hours. I purchased the extended battery; thank you for that extra hour after spending nearly $40 for the extended battery. It is also very slow when trying to go from inactive to active, but my favorite (please hear my sarcasm when I say favorite) is when it turns itself off while I am in the middle of a call, a reminder, a text, you name it. WOW!! and I still have more than a year left on my contract. Any suggestions???

0 Likes
Re: Can I get a phone that works please?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try a system cache clear; shouldn't erase any of your data.  You could purchase a phone off ebay or swappa or somewhere until you're eligible for an upgrade.  Verizon also has their Certified Pre-Owned Replacement Program: 

Certified Pre-Owned Replacement Program | Verizon Wireless*

System cache clear:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing about the problems with your Bionic truly saddens me, tglenn1025! Based on the depth of the problems encountered, I would suggest completing a master reset. I understand that this can be a slightly painful and time consuming task, but it resolves so many issues. Please follow the instructions provided in the link..http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=46649 Please let me know if you need additional assistance.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tglenn1025

This would be my 3rd reset. I will pass on the re-re-reset and get an upgrade by transferring my hotspot upgrade to my phone. Thanks anyway.

Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:00 PM

To: Terri 

Subject: Re: Can I get a phone that works please? - Re: Can I get a phone that works please?

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in DROID BIONIC by Motorola - View the full discussion

>Edited to remove last name<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes