Can I play a recorded video on a TV having a USB interface?
VaidyS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a video of my son taken on my HTC Droid 2, which has a 16GB SD card. I wanted to watch the video on my LG HDTV which has a USB interface. I am disappointed that this phone does not have a HDMI port, but thought I could connect the phone and be able to select the video file and play it. However, I could not find the video on any of the folders .. .dcim, .data! (I have been able to watch photos taken on this camera previously, via the USB interface.) Is my option only to transfer it to a DVD or similar media and then watch it? I am hoping there is an easier way. Help!

0 Likes
Re: Can I play a recorded video on a TV having a USB interface?
Wildman
Legend

Are you sure the port you think is a USB isnt a HDMI port because I havent seen any HDTV that didnt have a HDMI port because the standard VGA or analog ports can not support HD...  I would check the port again and be sure that it isnt a HDMI port on the back of the unit.

0 Likes
VaidyS
Enthusiast - Level 2

WIldman,

My issue is not as much on the TV side as on the Droid 2 side. The HDMI port is different from a USB port (and so are the cables) and my LG TV has more than 2 of both. Since I was able to display photos earlier via the USB connection, I assumed that I could also play a video. Granted that maybe that is an issue on the TV side,

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ok I see what you mean, care to share the model number of the tv?  This will allow me to give more accurate answers to your question...    

Another thing that you can consider is what I did for my HD Projection TV, I bought a Sony BDP-S580 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi from http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-BDP-S580-3D-Blu-ray-Disc-Player-with-Wi-Fi/17787889

that allowed me to view play and stream videos, photos and music wirelessly from any media device connected to my home router because it has wifi and DLNA support.

0 Likes