Can not view my camera gallery
countrygirll114

My Incredible will not let me view my photo gallery. i can get to my camera and take pictures but as soon as i click on the gallery button my camera quit working, cant go back, cant change to front facing camera, cant change the flash and cant change to recording. BAsically it freezes.

All my pictures are still on my phone because i checked them on my computer and they are still in my DCIM folder. how can i fix this problem because i would love to be able to view my pictures

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can not view my camera gallery
Wildman
Legend

countrygirll114 wrote:

the gallery works on that app. so least i know there still able to be viewed and shared. its just weird that the one on my camera isnt working. and the fact that i cant look at them after i take my pictures

Good to hear that worked...

From the information that you have given me your issue is that somehow the stock gallery has got removed or corrupted and this makes the app unusable by the device.

Tthis has happened with other users and at this time the only way to restore this app is by backing up data and doing a hard reset.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
Sounds like a possible corrupt file, try Settings / Application / Manage Applications / All Tabs / Media Storage / Clear Data and reboot device.

If that doesn't work try coping all photos from card to desktop and delete them from card... If it acts right then you have a corrupt image file.
countrygirll114

I just tried both of those and its still not letting me veiw my gallery. its like it just disappeared. cause even when i go to my wallpapers it doesnt say gallery. or when i go to a photo edit and hit gallery it takes me to an app not my gallery.

0 Likes
countrygirll114

I just tried both of those and its still not letting me veiw my gallery. its like it just disappeared. cause even when i go to my wallpapers it doesnt say gallery. or when i go to a photo edit and hit gallery it takes me to an app not my gallery.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Is the Gallery icon on the app launcher?   Try installing Quick Pic and see if the gallery will open in that app, it is almost the same as the stock 2.3.4 gallery but with some better options..

0 Likes
countrygirll114

no, its on my camera beside the edits. let me try this one and see wht happens

0 Likes
countrygirll114

the gallery works on that app. so least i know there still able to be viewed and shared. its just weird that the one on my camera isnt working. and the fact that i cant look at them after i take my pictures

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

countrygirll114 wrote:

Good to hear that worked...

From the information that you have given me your issue is that somehow the stock gallery has got removed or corrupted and this makes the app unusable by the device.

Tthis has happened with other users and at this time the only way to restore this app is by backing up data and doing a hard reset.

0 Likes
jspatafora2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wildman, thanks for the advice. Worked perfectly. Very happy! Thought for sure I was going to lose all data.

0 Likes