Can't establish a USB connection
bionicusb

I have the Bionic.  Before ICS I could transfer music and photos between PC and phone.  Now I can't.I have followed every suggestion on the internet and am tech savvy:  reinstall Motorola Device Manager, try other computers (I have tried three) debugging on, mock location on, restart computers and phone.  The PCs simply do not recognize the connection.  Plug it in...nada

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't establish a USB connection
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, boo.  Smiley Sad   It was worth a shot, anyway.  So, you plug in your USB, the notification bar says Connected as a Mass Storage', but the drives don't load on your computer?  Nothing happens at all, no error message?  Which OS is on your computer?  I've heard of folks having issues with Win 8.

Edited to add:  are you using the USB cable that came with your phone?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This may not help at all, but it won't hurt to try since it doesn't take that long and shouldn't affect any of your data.  Try a system cache clear:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
bionicusb

Thanks for trying.  There was no effect.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, boo.  Smiley Sad   It was worth a shot, anyway.  So, you plug in your USB, the notification bar says Connected as a Mass Storage', but the drives don't load on your computer?  Nothing happens at all, no error message?  Which OS is on your computer?  I've heard of folks having issues with Win 8.

Edited to add:  are you using the USB cable that came with your phone?

0 Likes
bionicusb

The issue was the USB cable.  I got a new cable from Verizon as part of a docking station but apparently they saved money by not having all of the connectors active.  I found my original cable and it worked.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wahoo!  Yep, that original cable makes all the difference.  Glad to hear you're up and running again. 

0 Likes