Can't hear the voice command prompts over bluetooth headset or speakerphone
unitedjoe

Hi guys and gals,

I have the Droid X and I also use a Motorola HF820 bluetooth speaker phone and Motorola HS850 blutetooth headset.  The problem is I can't hear the phone when it is prompting me with voice commands.  I have used both of these devices for years and they worked just fine with my Motorola E815 and I have turned the bluetooth volume on the phone up to max and the same on the bluetooth devices.  Also I hear the phone conversations just fine, no problem with the volume call volume only the command volume.  I can't hear it say "Say a command" or "Did you say XXX".  I have to look at the screen to see what it is asking me.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Regards,

Joe

0 Likes
Re: Can't hear the voice command prompts over bluetooth headset or speakerphone
Wildman
Legend

Check your Notificarion volume and make sure its turned up,,,

0 Likes
unitedjoe

I wish I could say that was the problem, but it was not.  I keep the phone in vibrate mode all the time, but I took it out to try and increase the volume for notification, but it was up all the way already.  FYI - the bluetooth volume is all the way up too.

I sent a message to Motorola last night to see if they have a solution.  They already upped it to the next level of support to resolve, so I am hoping to hear something from them soon.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried a hard reset and see if the issue may be 3rd party software related?

0 Likes
doczoc

I have same prob .Have you heard anything yet?

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

I FOUND A FIX!

Get an app from the market called "AudioManager Widget". It is free. Run this app, and you will probably see that certain volumes are turned down. Turn these up, and problem is solved! Good luck!

0 Likes
lorifr1

YEAH!!! I downloaded the app, installed it, move the volume up for the voice commands... and it worked!

Thanks  so much.

0 Likes