Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can't send but can receive text with certain number but can send/receive to others
Prospero123

After a year of texting with an out of network (T mobile) number, yesterday my phone became unable to send text to it.  It receives no problem, sends and receives to other numbers and the t mobile number is sending and receiving other numbers without issue.  I get an error message with the X envelope icon.  I've rebooted and had the old conversation deleted from the t mobile number.  I have no idea how to troubleshoot further

0 Likes
Re: Can't send but can receive text with certain number but can send/receive to others
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If you haven't for a while, I would suggest dialing *228 option 1 to reset the connections to the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Can't send but can receive text with certain number but can send/receive to others
Prospero123

Success!  I tried *228 but no improvement.  Took the phone to Verizon and they blamed Facebook, which I think is close to the truth.  Verizon doesn't support texting to 11 digit phone numbers, so if your contacts are synched to something that uses that format, it might change the way the phone sees the contacts phone number when it tries to SMS the contact.  Lose the leading 1 and you should be OK.

0 Likes