Can't send video in text msg
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

I can't seem to send a video text msg. I get an error msg that says can't attach file. size reached or something like that. I've tried 10-1:20 second videos and none went through. Customer serv tried several things which didn't help. Then suggested a hard / factory reboot reset, then we got disconnected. I really don't want to reset my phone since I've got it set the way I want it. Any advice....... Tks.

0 Likes
Re: Can't send video in text msg
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Size is everything
0 Likes
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

I tried that. I can only send a 5 sec video by text and a 25 sec video by g-mail with resolution 640x480. Again any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Try QVGA mode.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

same problem here. i resolved myself to the fact that about 9 seconds is all i can send via text (a bit longer via email). i now use qik and what want to send to anyone just gets posted to facebook (if i don't mind the world seeing) or my qik link and i just text whoever and tell them if they want to view then to check my qik link. it's a sweet app, but still wish i could send via mms a slightly larger file. i suppose it's the price we pay for high end cam phones??? my old envy touch sent vids just fine (up to 1 minute clips i beleive). but the quality was also horrible.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

If a factory reset was suggested by a representative here are the steps..Hope this helps!

Performing a hard reset will remove ALLdata including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.

Note If the preferred method is not available, there is an Alternate Method.

Preferred Method

1. From the home screen, select the applications tab(located in the lower-left).

2. Select Settings.

3. Select SD & phone storage.

4. Select Factory data reset.

5. Select the reset option.
    Reset phone
    Resets the phone
    Reset phone & Internal storage
    Resets the phone and the internal storage

6. Select Erase Everything.
0 Likes