Can't turn Bluetooth on...
Carol57

Greetings!

My new DROID is not allowing me to turn Bluetooth on.  I follow directions (Settings, etc. Bluetooth on) and all that happens is it says "Turn On Bluetooth" /  I press it - it says 'turning on bluetooth', then it goes back to "Turn On Bluetooth".

I've only had it 3 days - is the honeymoon over??

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Can't turn Bluetooth on...
AnnDroid1
Hello I will try to keep this short but to rule out any problems with the device, (headset) and double check some settings here are a few causes and other way of pairing to ensure its not the Droids settings or another app if you have one installed can cause inability to pair, or connect the headset. If you haven't installed any Android Market Widgets or Power Manager Apps for different profiles the jib is easy. If you installed a power manager, task killer, task manager, even enabled built in Native widget bar w/ bluetooth on/off toggle then you need to complete the settings checklist just like the initial pairing of the headset to device was done days ago. Instead of the toggle or check bluetooth on go to HOME, MENU, SETTINGS then on the main setting list select WIRELESS CONTROLS< BLUETOOTH should be checked ON by the green check. Next SELECT
0 Likes
Re: Can't turn Bluetooth on...
Carol57

Thank you so much for the reply!  

I ended up calling tech support, and after trying a few things, it was determined that my Droid was defective. I spent the morning at the Verizon store exchanging it for another Droid - and life is good once again!

Again, thank you!

0 Likes