Cannot Download
Case385

I need help, I have been trying to download my updates or new apps for at least 2 weeks.  The downloading would continue for hours with no progress.  Also my smartphone says that my WiFi need to be connected.  However, I thought that I was getting WiFi with my phone.  How can I fix this.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Download
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what you mean by "thought that I was getting WiFi with my phone".  Unless you've changed settings (which you probably don't want to do since it can eat up a lot of data), you need to connect your phone to WiFi to download updates/apps.  Do you have WiFi at home/work or nearby business that you can use?

0 Likes
Case385

I have ATT Uvere with internet service.  I also have a smartphone that is not an ATT device.  I did connect the WiFi using the correct settings.  It initially show connected and then shows WiFi disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK.  When I try to download update for apps or get new apps, the downloading keeps running and never download.  I hope this is a better explanation.

<Personal information removed per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
junior509
Contributor - Level 1

The security on your wifi probably not allow you to download the ics update so best recommendation is to try a different wifi( like an open wifi)

0 Likes
Not applicable

junior509 wrote:

The security on your wifi probably not allow you to download the ics update so best recommendation is to try a different wifi( like an open wifi)

I don;t he can download the ICS update over wi-fi. But he was having issues before that. He should be bale to download apps over wi-fi.

0 Likes
junior509
Contributor - Level 1

So the issue is you can not download app from the play store over wifi?

You can access the web fine while connected to wifi right?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Brian68 is not the OP; that would be Case385 and s/he hasn't been back since the original post.  Hopefully they'll be back and provide more info. about their issue(s).

0 Likes