Cannot get ringtones on phone since ICS Update.
csummerlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try as I may, I have worked 3 days on my phone to get my ringtones to play with incoming phone calls and text messages.  All I get is a very low toned "beep", or just vibrate with no sound at all.  Any suggestions?  I have pulled the Sim card as suggested by Verizon, no luck.  Not to mention other upgraded issues, but I'll live with them....I just need to hear a tone that my phone is ringing or I have received a text opposed to checking every so often to see if there was a missed call/text.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot get ringtones on phone since ICS Update.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just saw a post in this thread:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/786821

that might help.  Scroll down a bit and see where posted about clearing the media storage.

If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest clearing the phone cache (I posted instructions in that same thread toward the top).

Good luck!

0 Likes
csummerlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

tikbar1..thank you so much for your response, but unfortunately...didn't work  Still no ringtones.  On incoming calls only one "bleep" which is a very low beep.  For text messages, nothing, so I have to randomly just look at phone to see if I have missed a call or received a text message.  But again, thanks for trying!!!!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

well, boo!  I know I like using my custom ringtones!  At least I'm assuming that's what you're using.  What happens if you use a ringtone that came with ICS?

0 Likes
csummerlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't change ringtones to anything at all, I've tried stock Verizon ringtone, custom ringtones, even bought a ringtone...just a single "bleep".

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

bummer; I'm afraid I'm out of ideas ... unless someone else chimes in here with suggestions, you may want to call Verizon and talk with one of the folks in Tech Support about it

0 Likes
csummerlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your suggestions.  I called Verizon and they suggested pulling the Sim card..which I did to no avail.  Will go to the local store tomorrow and see what they say, I am sure they are going to say "Factory Reset", which I don't want to do!!!!!  Motorola's sites states Jellybean should be pushed out soon...love those ambiguous (or non-commital) words....what is "soon"?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep, I'm sure the local store will suggest an FDR, that's why I suggested calling Verizon (the 1-800 number or *611 from your phone) and talking to Tech Support.  If you wanna try an FDR yourself, the instructions are on this forum ... just be sure to back everything up first.

Yeah, rumor has it we'll see JB by the end of the year, but who knows?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the accessibility settings to see if anything was activated there and is overriding everything else?

Also I wonder if you could clear the data for "Settings Storage" to reset your main settings for the phone?  I honestly haven't tried it myself, but it might be less painful then a full factory reset.

You may also want to start taking the time to start backing up your settings and contacts and other things. If you are to a point where you are forced to do the factory reset, the prep work you do beforehand can save you hours in the setup time afterwards. I do recommend users strongly consider a factory reset after a major system update like going from GB to ICS. I have done it a number of times on my phones and I haven't lost anything major yet. I took the time to prepare for the reset before actually completing it and I was back and running with a usable phone within a few hours.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
csummerlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Ann154.   Yes,  I have started to prepare for a factory reset.  Not happy, but it is what it is!

0 Likes