I can get the first "voice" instruction on a new location when I set/select the address. After that I must watch the screen to follow the route as the "voice direct ions" do not work from then on.
Have tried turning off the bluetooth and the WiFi but voice still does not stay on for the duration of the trip.
Good morning A-Terry-B. The navigation application is my favorite app as I have a terrible sense of direction. I have trouble getting out of my own driveway without it. The voice is defniately helpful so you don't have to keep checking the screen and I am here to assist to make sure we get that feature working for you as it should.
That is odd that the voice works at first and then just drops off. Are you using Google Maps for navigation or VZ Navigator?
If you are using Google Maps lets try and reset the application. To reset follow the steps below:
1. Click on the apps button from the main screen
2. Click settings
3. Click applications
4. Click manage applications
5. Click All
6. Select Google Maps and select, clear data, clear cache, and force close.
After, try the navigation application again and let me know if the issue persists.
If you are using VZ Navigator, try uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
To uninstall VZ Navigator:
1. From a home screen, select Apps ( located at the bottom).
2. From the Apps tab, select and hold an app.
3. Drag the app to More options ( located at the top) then release.
4. Select Uninstall.
5. Select OK.
6. Select OK.
Please keep me with updated with your results A-Terry-B. Have a great weekend.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport