Cant turn Droid off
GhostRider

How do you turn this thing off or is my situation normal?

I push the power button and select "Power Off." Once I plug in the phone on the charger, it seems to turn back on. Whats going on?

0 Likes
Re: Cant turn Droid off
T-ROCK
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone will do the same thing, its annoying if you want it to stay off, but just turn it off again and it will stay off while it charges.

0 Likes
KarateMom

Go to Settings, Applications, Development and uncheck the "Stay Awake" box

0 Likes
Not applicable

...but when you use the car dock and navigation, you'll want to check the "stay awake" box.

0 Likes
Gb755c

Every Smartphone that I've ever had with WM phones and Blackberries being the exception that turn themselves on when the charger is connected.  I don't know why this is the case but I just know that it is.  This even includes the Apple iPhone so if you don't want a phone that turns itself on when charging don't get the iPhone if/when it comes to Verizon.  

0 Likes
GhostRider

I went to Settings > Applications > Development and the "Stay Awake" box was already unchecked.

The sales rep at the Verizon store told me today that its by design. He said if enough people complain they might fix it but otherwise, I will either have to turn the sound off or put it in "Airplane Mode"

0 Likes