Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,595 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Car Dock Mode Automatically, and now no App Sounds through Speaker
JTurco717

Hey everyone,

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My phone started going into car mode whenever it was plugged into power. Now it does it on it's own. I downloaded the DockNothing Free app, which kept it from opening up the car mode interface. But now when I try to use the Radio.com app, Lightingbug app (plays rain sounds to sleep to), and even the default music player, no sound will come out of the speaker. However, it will work with headphones. Also however, all notification sounds work on the speakers. I have tried pulling the battery, and my sound volume is up pretty loud.
So my question is, how do I get rid of the car dock (reading different posts I see this is impossible since I'm not rooted), and how do I get sound to come through the speaker again. I'm on Android version 2.3.4.
Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Car Dock Mode Automatically, and now no App Sounds through Speaker
JTurco717

Sorry I should add that now when I receive a phone call, it defaults to the speaker.

0 Likes
Re: Car Dock Mode Automatically, and now no App Sounds through Speaker
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to enjoy all the amazing capabilities your device has to offer JTurco717! I recommend testing in safe mode to rule out third party app conflict that may be causing this issue. http://tiny.cc/iugznw

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes