Car Dock, My Location..... Help
rocknm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Couple of questions about this feature.

1: On the Car Dock, My Location Map it has an over lay displaying my speed of travel, love it, for I drive a large pick up with over sized tires and my speedo is about 8 MPH off.  is there a way to get this overlay on the other maps, such as the navigation map?

2: On the Car Dock, My Location Map, the map seems to be a North up map, kind of bugs me for when im driving south it looks like im driving backwards, on the navigation map i can choose map north up or directions up.  Is there a way to change the Car Dock map to read like the others?

0 Likes
Re: Car Dock, My Location..... Help
Wildman
Legend

rocknm wrote:

1: On the Car Dock, My Location Map it has an over lay displaying my speed of travel, love it, for I drive a large pick up with over sized tires and my speedo is about 8 MPH off.  is there a way to get this overlay on the other maps, such as the navigation map?

Open Navigation app and select left menu button and select Layers and check what you want to use.

2: On the Car Dock, My Location Map, the map seems to be a North up map, kind of bugs me for when im driving south it looks like im driving backwards, on the navigation map i can choose map north up or directions up.  Is there a way to change the Car Dock map to read like the others?

When in Navagation app there should be a North/South pointer indicator (A Red and White Triangle in right corner) and if you tap it the map will rotate to change direction layout.

0 Likes
rocknm
Enthusiast - Level 3

In the overlay menu for the navigation map

Wildman wrote:

rocknm wrote:

Open Navigation app and select left menu button and select Layers and check what you want to use.

When in Navagation app there should be a North/South pointer indicator (A Red and White Triangle in right corner) and if you tap it the map will rotate to change direction layout.

1: there is not an option for vehicle speed.

2: I know about the red and white pointer on the navagation screen, I would like to know how to change the feature on the "My Location" map provided through the "Car Dock app"

Thank you.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

rocknm wrote:

2: I know about the red and white pointer on the navagation screen, I would like to know how to change the feature on the "My Location" map provided through the "Car Dock app"

Thank you.

OK, I had  to reactivate the default Car Dock app because I had it disabled, after looking over app I have came to conclusion that there doesnt appear to be any way to accomplished what you ask unless I am missing something. There isnt any option menus or settings so I do not know how this can be done.

On issue with direction, since screen can rotate both directions, have you tried Dock Simulator without dock and rotate screen to right instead the left and see if this corrects maps location direction?

0 Likes
rocknm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wildman wrote:

rocknm wrote:

Thank you.

OK, I had  to reactivate the default Car Dock app because I had it disabled, after looking over app I have came to conclusion that there doesnt appear to be any way to accomplished what you ask unless I am missing something. There isnt any option menus or settings so I do not know how this can be done.

On issue with direction, since screen can rotate both directions, have you tried Dock Simulator without dock and rotate screen to right instead the left and see if this corrects maps location direction?

Just did, if i rotate the screen, it just turns and follows me.  Guess I'm just SOL.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes