CarrierIQ tracking software
molocules

Hi,

I am not trying to spread FUD, but does anyone know if the Droid Charge has the CarrierIQ software built into it? 

<Edit>I should mention that this article is very level headed, there are plenty of other articles that are freaking out over this issue.  Some are calling the software a rootkit.  To drive the point home about this software watch the YouTube video.</Edit>

Here is a link to more information on the software itself:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/245265/carrier_iq_tracking_your_questions_answered.html

0 Likes
Re: CarrierIQ tracking software
incredibleuser9

I just saw that story on Yahoo this morning and I too would like to know if carrier iq is on my phone.  I have a droid incredible with the latest update. 

0 Likes
molocules

Hi,

The Washington Post says that a VZW PR rep said that Verizon doesn't use the CarrierIQ software.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/what-is-carrier-iq/2011/12/01/gIQApql1GO_story.htm...

0 Likes
incredibleuser9

It is all so confusing.  Verizon may not use it but what about HTC the maker of the phone?  I've seen several people post on forums that they found it on thunderbolts and incredible 2's.  

0 Likes
incredibleuser9

It is all so confusing.  Verizon may not use it but what about HTC the maker of the phone?  I've seen several people post on forums that they found it on thunderbolts and incredible 2's.  

0 Likes
averagejane
Enthusiast - Level 3

Take that info with a grain of salt.  VZW reps are still saying "Gingerbread? We don't sell baked goods just phones".......

0 Likes
molocules

True.  I have removed the solution and hopefully we will hear from VZW.

0 Likes
incredibleuser9

How do you remove messages.  I notice it sends out duplicate messages of my posts every so often I would like to remove the extra ones. 

0 Likes
molocules

@incredibleuser9

I just removed the set as solution.  The post is still there.

0 Likes
Kuhal

I have the same question on my Verizon HTC Incredible. Verizon has stated that it does not use Carrier IQ, but it has been verified that Carrier IQ is on many HTC Android phones. What I want to know is if the software is present in my Android build, not if Verizon uses it. Can someone technical comment on this?

0 Likes