Re: CarrierIQ tracking software
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

"Thank you  community for your concern. Verizon Wireless does not use Carrier IQ.  Safeguarding customer privacy is a high priority for Verizon Wireless."

I would encourage you to view our Privacy Policy if you haven't already done so.

0 Likes
molocules
That answer did not help at all...
0 Likes
trparky
Contributor - Level 1

For those people who don't believe Verizon (and rightly shouldn't believe them) when they say that the Droid Charge doesn't have CarrierIQ, the Android Community has verified through other means that the Droid Charge doesn't have CarrierIQ on it.

Two developers, both the person who found CarrierIQ and the person behind the "Voodoo Tools" have made Android apps that search the phone for evidence of CarrierIQ.  Myself, I've ran them both on my Droid Charge and both have said that the Droid Charge is not infected with this garbage!

No offense to Verizon saying it doesn't have it, but we've had other companies say that to us and where did it get us?  Big companies have a tendency of talking out of both sides of their mouths.  *cough* AT&T *cough*  Sorry, did I say that?

0 Likes