Charge camera shutter sound
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before the update to GB, whenever I took a picture there was a shutter release sound.  I never found a way to turn it off so just got used to it.  Even when I turned off the system sounds, with Froyo the camera still clicked. 

Now with GB the shutter sound is off when Settings>Volume>System volume is off.  So this is one function GB changed.  I wish sounds like this could be controlled separately.  I turn off the system sounds so I don't have to listen to the power on and off noise but I got accustomed to having the shutter sound when I took a photo.  With the picture taking delay, it was how I knew the camera had fired.  I guess I'll get used to it though.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Charge camera shutter sound
Tidbits
Legend

You could have turned the sound off no matter which OS version you have.

open the camera app hit the tab and then hit the gear.

tap the wrench and then tap the shutter sound button.

You have a choice of 3 sounds or off

This could have been done even in Froyo :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Charge camera shutter sound
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

edit post:  Never mind.  Thanks for making me look harder.  I can't believe I never saw the little arrow on the left before that opens the options menu.  There are lots of controls there I never used!  Big duh moment here.  I don't have a lot of apps and none of the others have anything like that.  But the menu is extensive that's for sure.  Boy I feel silly now not ever having used any of those settings before!

But... The setting for shutter sound was on number one which must be the default.  The change in how this sound works in GB seems to be there even though I never used the options before.  In Froyo I had the systems sounds turned off so I did not have to listen to the noises when powering the phone on and off.  I still had the default number one sound on the camera.  Now in GB, if I turn off the system sounds, the camera shutter sound gets silenced too even if it is NOT off in the camera itself.  I don't think this is correct behaviour as I would not consider the shutter sound a "system" sound.  But it is so.  If I turn the system sounds back on, the shutter sound comes on also.  As far as I can tell, system sounds does not seem to silence sounds in other apps, only the camera.

0 Likes