Charge deleted all my messages - any way to recover them?
MattLBusiness

This afternoon I loaded my message app and was shocked to see that all of my messages were gone. After chatting with many (incredibly nice and helpful) Verizon tech support staff, and being transferred to Samsung, the best they can do is ask me to send in the phone for a week and a half and they will analyze the problem, but they don't know how to get the messages back. It seems that this has happened before, though the Samsung support staff had no knowledge of it:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/793105#793105

I was wondering, are there any resourceful people out there who know where these messages disappeared to and how to retrieve them? I have no 3rd party messaging applications installed, I have not voided the warranty on my device, and I have not downloaded any shady/"battery saver"/task killer applications. My settings are set to keep all messages, and I have lots of internal memory left.

Frankly, the fact that this could happen and the inability to retrieve this data boggles me, and I expected better from this device, seeing as having my text messages deleted was why I refuse to get another Blackberry. I'm hoping to not add Samsung to the list of manufacturers I will no longer purchase from.

0 Likes
Re: Charge deleted all my messages - any way to recover them?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you have it set to delete old messages? Check the settings in the message application.

If you didn't have a text message backup application installed and on a schedule to run, then there is no way to recover the messages that I am aware of.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MattLBusiness

Good guess, but no, I disabled the archive/delete messages option. It has been working fine for almost a year now and nothing like this has happened before. I've had messages that never sent, or were never received, but I haven't had all of them be deleted before.

0 Likes
punkierobster

I just checked my Handcent messaging app AND the stock messaging app and I noticed ALL my message were gone as well! This has NEVER happened to me ever since I got the Charge 2 years ago! I'm quite upset and want to know what happened. My mobile data was off overnight too so I don't know...I do have a backup app but I also haven't backed it up since December. How did this happen?!

0 Likes