Re: Charge dropping 3G service: "Network not available"
Booch

Paperclips, I did call in and submit the issue.  Hopefully it is helping contribute to the issue.

As mentioned before, I think the Verizon "support" like to answer questions like, "How do I access Angry Birds after I downloaded it?" or "How do I turn up the volume for my calls?" 

Let's get this phone to work correctly.  I spent $300 for it!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Booch,

Please PM me your name, mobile number, MEID (Settings>About Phone>Status) and I will escalate this.  

Thank you!

0 Likes
paperclips
Why can't you just reply to the whole thread? Everyone seems to be having the issue. We shouldn't all have to be left in the dark with this issue. Verizon so far has had horrendous customer service with this problem. We're paying for services you cant provide.
0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for your responses.

The issue has been brought up to our product investigation team as soon as a response or fix is announced we will post it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

0 Likes
Booch

As an update, I am still having severe issues with the data network dropping.  I had to restart my phone 5 times yesterday in order to get it back.

For us people that have the issue, lets keep the momentum going.  As the old saying goes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

I actually thought the issue was fixed for awhile, but today I had at least 2 instances of having 4 bars of 'something' but no data.  You know you're in trouble when you have good signal strength but no indication of 3G, 4G or even 1X.

0 Likes
Re: Charge dropping 3G/4G service: "Network not available"
PhillyRick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought the Droid Charge in May, and the my 4G/3G icon would  alternate every second for a while, then there would be times it would stay in 3G or 4G. As of a few hours ago, the "Network not available" occured on everything in my phone, including browsers, android market, etc. So I manually backed up my contacts via www.verizonwireless.com/backupassistant and then just did a factory reset of the phone. It seems to have a steady 3G connection....for now anyway

mallanf

Same Problem here, extremely disappointing.  This is my first forey into having a data plan, and I wanted to go with a phone that I could have for awhile.  Now I have to say I don't even want to pay for the mobile service I am getting.  I get the "network not available" so often it is virtually useless.  I've tried everything i can including contacting verizon with the same disappointing results others have expressed.  I hope they can come up with a resolution.  

0 Likes
cgold2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have "Green Power" app runnning?  If so, deactivate the mobile network control (keep the wifi control on only) and that will solve your problem.  I had the same issue and Verizon was almost ready to send me a new phone.... until I figured it out.

0 Likes
Booch

Cgold2--Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have the Green Power app loaded on my phone. 

Still having issues but Verizon is set to call me later today to discuss.

0 Likes