Charging my new Incredible.. ?
Livefortherayz

So got my Incredible today, YES. But now I have to wait till it's fully charged.. The book says nothing on how long that is approx and/or how to tell.. Does the little red light in the top turn green? So, how long has it taken anyone else?  I really wanna know! I work early mornings, so I need to nap now or later, but I wanna play with my DROID!! Lol  Thanks.   PS I hope I dont have the rebooting issues... I would be sooo disappointed..

0 Likes
Re: Charging my new Incredible.. ?
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

It took about 2 hours to charge mine up ... and, yes, the light turns green when it's fully charged.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

you shouldn't need to wait.  That's just something silly they put in the manual.

0 Likes
monstertiki

I think the HTC is just covering their bases by telling u too fully charge the battery because they have no idea how long units will sit in boxes and in that time the batteries could lose their charge. Also you never know how good of a pre-charge the battery has from the factory it came from. If your activating the phone and it dies in program activation it could mess something up just my two cents... but like the above poster stated you would probably be ok just installing the battery and turning the phone on.

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Livefortherayz wrote:

So got my Incredible today, YES. But now I have to wait till it's fully charged.. The book says nothing on how long that is approx and/or how to tell.. Does the little red light in the top turn green? So, how long has it taken anyone else?  I really wanna know! I work early mornings, so I need to nap now or later, but I wanna play with my DROID!! Lol  Thanks.   PS I hope I dont have the rebooting issues... I would be sooo disappointed..

On the tag on my included charging cord, it says standard batteries take four hours and extended take 5 hours. Although by now I'm sure you're already aware of that... :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes