Charging port issues
undeadfrog1

My Droid Incredible 2 is having issues with the charging port. It will not charge and I cannot transfer files between my PC and the phone. The charging indicator light does turn on however. This is the second Incredible 2 I have gone through. The one I had previously had the exact same problem. I have read that many other Incredible 2 owners have had this problem as well.

I do not want to get another refurb because I have only had this one for about 3 months and I already need a new one and I still have 7 months left on my contract. Is there any way I can get the contract termination fee waived so I can upgrade to a phone that does not have this issue? Or is there any way I can get a different phone without terminating the contract at all?

0 Likes
Re: Charging port issues
DOH_verizon_issues_ag

Same problem here. Not the battery either. Seems to be a common problem with the charging port that continues not to be fixed!!

0 Likes
spow

I too am having the exact same issue!  I just had to reactivate an old phone.  How can I access my pictures and videos from the phone if I can't get it turned on?

0 Likes
preciousorshauna
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is doing the same thing. I just got this replacement phone because the old one stopped taking a charge.  I called verizon and the representative told me that this is a issue with the phone.  I am actually checking with Verizon myself abt getting a new phone without the upgrade charge or extending my contract because this is ridiculous.  I tried the replacement phone and it didn't even last as long as my original before doing the same thing.

0 Likes
stevecm1973

i am have the same issue has anyone found a salution yet?

0 Likes
lol_paul_ledoux

i bought the droid inc2 from amazonwireless.com in July of 2011. I about 10 months (early June 2012) after getting the droid inc 2, the charging port began to act up. I called Verizon and they replaced because at that time, it was under factory warranty. Before I called 800 customer service, I went into the store in my area and they seem to indicate it was a known issue with the design of the phone. So, i went home and called 800 cust service and they replaced my original Droid under the factory warranty. Around Thanksgiving, my replacement droid inc2 began to act up again in the same manner with the charging port not working. I called 800 cust service and they said pretty much tough s***. The replacement phone has a 90 day warranty and it was outside of that warranty.

I have been calling/tweeting/going into retail stores about getting a replacement or moving my early upgrade date up from 3/30/13. I called today and spoke to the rep. She said it is not an known issue with the phone and she pretty much told me i was better off buying a phone from eBay or craigslist or buying Verizon's cheapest full price (LG Cosmos 2 $190) retail phone and getting a new 2 year contract. I inquired about early termination of my contract at $180.00 and switching to ATT and getting an iPhone 4s for $99.00.

I am amazed that Verizon would not move my early upgrade date up 10 weeks and lose my $90 a month I give them.

0 Likes
MicheleKelly

Paul,  I am having the same problem with my Incredible 2.  It started this weekend and Verizon tells me the charging port is bad.  They told me the same thing: go to ebay and buy another phone or buy one of their cheaper phones for two more months until I am eligible for my upgrade.  Seriously....they sold me a phone that didn't even last through the 20 months before I am eligible for an upgrade...this is so messed up, I should have stayed with Sprint.......................

0 Likes
neotremer

No, You would not be able to pay to term contract early, If you have insurance you can file a claim, Or of course go for another CLNR. Remember Verizon Wireless have Certified Pre-Owned devices as well

0 Likes
cyuppa78

I had the same issue with 2 Incredible 2 phones. Verizon would do nothing about it so I contacted HTC. HTC told me that my warranty had expired after 12 months. I complained that it was a manufacturing problem and they still didn't want to fix it so then I gave them bad reviews on a customer service survey and suddenly they found that my phone had a 15 month warranty and paid for the shipping and fixed my phone within 7 days. I don't know how long it will work this time but the did fix the issue for now. It took a little over a week for something to get done but it was worth it. Good Luck to you all with this issue.  

0 Likes
kjones1221

I've also had two Incredible 2 phones. The first I had to get replaced because the charging port quit working. My replacement phone is now doing the same thing and it's been a little over a year. I have insurance on my phone...but I'm not sure if it will cover a second replacement. Plus my contract is up in like 2 or 3 months so I'm not sure what to do...

0 Likes