Charging port problem
mcarriero805

People, those of you who are experencing charging port problems please start a write in or e-mail just to get the attention of the motorola people and Verizon. We have a Droid that is less than 9 months old that has charging port problems. We have been experencing this problem for 6 months. We were told by Verizon it was the charger and they replaced it but did nothing for the charge. When you plug it into the charger it may or may not charge. You have to wiggle it and then sometimes it works. we have taken it back to the store and they tell us that you have to deal with the warranty people which as you all know is $100.00. This is for a "new phone" which is the same as the old phone with the same problem. THIS IS A RIP OFF.. This just added to the cost which makes this phone a P.O.C.

Does anyone have any solutions?????

0 Likes
Re: Charging port problem
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which android phone do you have that you are having trouble with?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mcarriero805

Droid X 2

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

was it plugged in & dropped or damaged in anyway at some point?

i've got 2 droid x's & car dock & none have the issue you described.

0 Likes
mcarriero805

I dont remember ever having it pluged in and dropping it. My employer has the razor and he is having the same problem. He thinks it is because of the angle of his dash phone holder. He loves it but  the same charging problem and his is a month old.

I checked in with the local Verizon dealer and they said all phones with that style of charging jack will eventually have problems. I asked what to do about it and he just dumped me off on the warranty. If they feel all the phoned with that type of jack, not just motorola he thinks even the new jack from the iPhone5 will eventually have this problem. The smaller the more chance of having this problem.

Im just looking for a solution. I cant afford another hundred for a 200.00 phone.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i've got a car dock & you have to be real careful on alignment sliding the phone in, same with plugging into the phone in.

that's bogus, it's better designed than the charging port on my old voyager.

sorry you're having problems.

0 Likes
mcarriero805

I thought the answer from the dealer was bogus also.. Its just a way to get rid of a problem, push them off on the warranty.

thanks

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it's a poor choice of going into a verizon store for help, no commission on helping.

0 Likes