Chatty Droid as in Chatty Kathy??
chormy
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past 2-3 days, my Droid has been verbally saying, 'VerizonWireless', over and over all day. Even sometimes when I'm not near the phone. How can I fix this, please? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Chatty Droid as in Chatty Kathy??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That sounds like the Roaming Tone, but I don't recall the steps to stop it on the DROID X phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That sounds like the Roaming Tone, but I don't recall the steps to stop it on the DROID X phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Might be the Enhanced Roaming Indicator (ERI).  You can disable it by going to Settings > Sound Settings > Service Alerts > ERI

chormy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll check that out for a possible solution. Thanks.

0 Likes
chormy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Roaming Tone did have a checkmark. I unchecked it. Now I'll sit for an hour and see if that stops Chatty Droid.  Thanks, Ann154. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
chormy
Enthusiast - Level 2

You both were on the right track, with the Roaming settings Thanks, tikibar1.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I provided the steps from memory and was about to edit my response with the correct steps, but noticed you found it.  Good deal.

chormy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chatty Droid has been silenced. Thanks, guys! Smiley Happy