Connecting to TV
marshallchad

I tried to the Droid X to the TV with the HDMI cable and selected the proper channel selected and played the video on my phone but it did not play on the screen.   Does anybody know why it is not playing on the TV screen?

0 Likes
Re: Connecting to TV
evil_network
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you play the video from the Gallery? Or some other application?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You have to play throught the stock gallery player and also click the HDMI word in the left hand corner of screen to activate while playing video.

0 Likes
DrDroidDre
Enthusiast - Level 3
Actually I found out the hard way. I bought the hdmi cable too and was let down when I had nothing. I had to buy a $6 program called real hdmi and it is re only app thus far on the market. But I have to have it in the docked position or it shuts off. Very frustrating I tell you. Why have feature that doesn't work. Actually I found out that the device will be re next personal computer and this is only a test beta ofwhat this device can do. All these stupid free apps are jacking up the droid and I think its a conspiracy to throw off the fact that the data speeds are being capped and if someone has a lagging device I believe the last thing on their mind will be that vzw wants your device to run slower. Wait for the updates to come and see how many issues will be about thruput speeds.
0 Likes
DrDroidDre
Enthusiast - Level 3
Sorry, wow I can't believe no one knows how to answer you. Real hdmi app is.the only thing that works. I think people are trying to help but usb and hdmi are not the same. I can watch videos and all other non personal stuff I recorded myself.so that is the answer. I have not downloaded the app to by pass the docking mode which I know will solve the off and on problem. So let me know how that worked. If you figure it out as to why it is on and off besides docking issues let e know. Also, be careful. With that app if you go to set it up you will have your phone screen go black once its on your tv. Then you must operate everything blind bc you have a delay and your screen will be sideways. Yep sideways. I looked like an ideout with a side.ways screen but games and and videos automatically turn sideways so just be patient.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The stock HDMI output works fine as long as you are using the stock gallery, I stop carring dvds to friends house when they want to watch a video, I just grab my trusty HDMI cable load my SD Card with copies of the videos...  Real HDMI is flawed but does still work, the rotation feature should still work without issues when using RealHDMI, I bought it when it was only 99 cent and only used it a few times.

0 Likes