Contacts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
rocknm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any way to get the keyboard to stop popping up when I open my contacts, I use Swype for a keyboard and it takes to many steps to search.  Its easier for me to just scroll to the contact I want.  Is this possible?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Contacts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Wildman
Legend

I am surprised that keyboard auto shows when you open contacts, mine only show when I am accessing a cell to edit the text, the only other time mine pop up is when I press the home key for 3 seconds.  There must be a option for this I haven't located yet.

If keyboard pops up you should be able to hide it by pressing back button or home button 3 sec.

0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Check to see if contacts is selected under search. Click on Applications- settings- search- searchable items- if contacts checked un check to see if resolved.

0 Likes
rocknm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your suggestion.  I checked that in my settings and no it wasnt checked. I checked and unchecked then tested and it still comes up.  

When it comes up I can yap the return hard key and it does go away I would just like to be able to make it stay away. 

0 Likes