Contacts not showing up on "Poeple" but information is there when starting a message.
OldJay

I've lost some contacts in People. While they don't show up, I know the information is still on the phone. If I start to type a text message to that lost contact, the information appears. How can I get them back on my People contact?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Contacts not showing up on "Poeple" but information is there when starting a message.
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

With the People app open, tap the menu key and choose View. Check the boxes you want displayed in your People list.

Do the missing contacts have anything in common? For instance, are they all Facebook or Gmail connections? I've had various glitches with my contact list over the past year on the Inc 2. The solutions ranged from a simple restart to a factory reset (there were other problems as well). Oh and when I changed my Facebook password, Friendstream (which I never open but stay signed into to merge my contacts) disconnected and none of my FB contacts were in my People list.

Just a few ideas. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Re: Contacts not showing up on "Poeple" but information is there when starting a message.
OldJay

Thanks SydneyK. Currently, there really is nothing in common. Under View Contacts, I have Phone as the only check. I hate to do a factory reset. I did do a restart and that didn't help. I'll keep fishing. Thanks again for the help!

0 Likes
OldJay

I figured it out after messing around. Under Contacts, View...I needed to have "Only with phone number" and "Google" checked. Then I had all the contacts show up that I knew should show up. Previously, I only had "phone" checked.

Thanks!

0 Likes